Blue Devils 2020

2 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I have a feeling and, i just want to know if anyone have the same feeling or thoughts. If so, kindly share why you think so ?

I'll bite.

Blue Devils will earn its first three-in-a-row championship this year in 2021. It will complete the corps' historic standing among drum and bugle corps of all time. And likely will never be replicated.

I do hope that 2-3 corps make the final summit an arduous task for the Devils.
The pinnacle will feel that much more celebratory!

(And my posting about it, correct.)

Edited by BranchHill
I misspoke.
  • Like 1

A three-peat will have to wait until 2021....remember that SCV took the title in 2018.

They've been close to a three-peat 5 times...in all cases when they lost the third one, they won the following year.

The streaks were broken by SCV twice, Cadets twice, and Bloo once.

Going against  BD is always a tough fight.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

A three-peat will have to wait until 2021....remember that SCV took the title in 2018.

They've been close to a three-peat 5 times...in all cases when they lost the third one, they won the following year.

Yeah a three peat maybe was a big deal in the 80's and or 90's but considering their record since 2007 I just don't think it's a big deal. Let the Cavies and Cadets enjoy that shared record. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BranchHill said:

I'll bite.

Blue Devils will earn its first three-in-a-row championship this year in 2021. It will complete the corps' historic standing among drum and bugle corps of all time. And likely will never be replicated.

I do hope that 2-3 corps make the final summit an arduous task for the Devils.
The pinnacle will feel that much more celebratory!

(And my posting about it, correct.)

To this i say DITTO.

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Yeah a three peat maybe was a big deal in the 80's and or 90's but considering their record since 2007 I just don't think it's a big deal. Let the Cavies and Cadets enjoy that shared record. 

Maybe LOL..

On 2/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, 84BDsop said:

It's going to be a tough fight for sure, but BD is always prepared. I think something that I often forget about it, is that I have been lucky enough to watch and / or perform through 3 decades of drum corps greatness. And through all of that, names like BD, Cadets and SCV have maintained that greatness and successfully changed with the activity without losing a step. It's simply staggering the level of talent from both staff and MM's that I've witnessed. 

Some have been involved in drum corps longer, some shorter. But I hope that all of us can take a few moments throughout the season to come and celebrate what we helped to create in some small way whether by being a fan, staff, volunteer or MM. I'm proud of my drum corps heritage and proud to have competed against some great talent. 

Much ❤️ Blue Devils. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Granted it’s not the world class corps but BDE, but have you all seen the collaboration they did with the K-Pop group BTS?

They’re getting quite a bit of exposure in other forums and social media.  Hardliners may have a problem with it but the more exposure for the activity the better I say.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Granted it’s not the world class corps but BDE, but have you all seen the collaboration they did with the K-Pop group BTS?

They’re getting quite a bit of exposure in other forums and social media.  Hardliners may have a problem with it but the more exposure for the activity the better I say.  

Everything BD is first class!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

If BD keeps to their schedule of when they release their 2020 program, we are about eight weeks out. So excited to see what our beloved Devils come up with. Here's to another decade of BD dominance!!! DO IT UP DEVILS!!

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, 84BDsop said:

The (even more) crazy part: those 5 threepeat misses scored an average ** .46 ** behind the winner -- and two of those were 3rd place finishes. I've asked this question for 12 years about the 2008 results: how much of that vociferous applause was for Phantom winning and for BD losing? That .025 was the only thing keeping BD from a 4-peat (in '78, it was .35 preventing a 5-peat). Wow.