Blue Devils 2020

15 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

In all of my years following the drum corps activity; I've never seen this much staff change with so many corps in one year. The Blue Devils appear to be the only corps without major changes.

Bluecoats.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

In all of my years following the drum corps activity; I've never seen this much staff change with so many corps in one year. The Blue Devils appear to be the only corps without major changes. With that being said, I'm going to make a very bold prediction for 2020; The Blue Devils will have an undefeated season and will win DCI (here's the really bold part) by two points. They might be tested and challenged...a little; but I don't foresee anybody besting them next summer. If I"m wrong, I'll eat a crow dinner with a slice of humble pie for dessert. 

I'm not sure about winning by 2 points but I do predict they will win the Ott

• Like 4

16 hours ago, corps8294 said:

In all of my years following the drum corps activity; I've never seen this much staff change with so many corps in one year. The Blue Devils appear to be the only corps without major changes.

Hmm. No changes??? https://bluedevils.org/programs/a-corps/seasons/?module=staff&season=2020

I don't see Cappybara's name anymore as major consultant...................................................................................................................unless it's that coda called Re-Cap.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Hmm. No changes??? https://bluedevils.org/programs/a-corps/seasons/?module=staff&season=2020

I don't see Cappybara's name anymore as major consultant...................................................................................................................unless it's that coda called Re-Cap.

You love giving Cappy the business lol. You guys need a podcast. I would totally tune in! 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

You love giving Cappy the business lol. You guys need a podcast. I would totally tune in! 

I have many fans on DCP, But I must say Sutasaurus and Continental are my biggest ones 🙂 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I have many fans on DCP, But I must say Sutasaurus and Continental are my biggest ones 🙂 

Just to show you all, I'm a nice guy who thinks of little Cappy and his piccolo without rancor, here for his enjoyment during marching band season: https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/video/1343615555585

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, Cappybara said:

I'm not sure about winning by 2 points but I do predict they will win the Ott

Aside from getting 20 in 20, I'm hoping for the Ott as well.

• Like 1

While we all mark time…

Depending on the outcomes of this week’s DCI meetings and follow-ups at the Januals about prop restrictions, safety requirements, and judging positions, it has been said by some sources that in the trend of 2020 and modern drum corps, BD might be looking to revisit some aspects inspired by BD’16, its’ Stormy Weather and disappearing “sea” notwithstanding. To guarantee that the Architectural Digest trophy returns to Concord, sources state that the show title will be “Megapropolis” with music with similar names by Graham, Meehan, Daugherty, and Thower/Rarrick.  To assure that there is no repeat of the Atlanta '16 event, the logistics team has ventured to Long Beach, California and made a sweet deal for the prop of props on which horn line, percussion, pit and guard can do park and bark all they wish. The ship’s chandler is said to be ecstatic with the find provided CalDot and the Army Corps can complete the canal from Long Beach to Mars in time for Spring training pre-tour every-days so that all get their sea legs prepped. As the sousaphone solo was so well received by the judges last season and swayed them to the Founder’s trophy, this season it will become a duet with Queen Mary’s own horn blast, a musical moment unrivaled in drum corps and certainly to bring down the roof at LOS. While the costuming crowd are debating whether to go with Admiral’s bars or a Baywatch moment, it is untrue that the guard will be clad only in life jackets and speedos.  System Bloo Cruises have also gone airborne with glee knowing the megaprop will be useful in the future for BDI’s global conquest and perhaps even a gratis retro return of the DCI BoD’s cruise to Tahiti from a previous administration.  While Canton, Crown, SCV, Great Lakes and all DCI anticipate what may come from Port Mt. Diablo for 2020, it is agreed that most BD fans prefer their Port a bit more tawney. Don’t go overboard in anticipation during “silly season.” 😛