Staff merry-go-round

18 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Boston needs someone to temper the current teams penchant for the obvious and lend a bit of intellectual. Their creative team that came from Crown was tempered by the Klesch/Hannum/Harloff sensibilities. Doesn't appear to be the case with the current composition of Boston design team.

Also someone who can only count to 8 when picking the snare line.

SCV and BD marched 9 FWIW. They were able to play clean.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

In what world does a staff coordinator have authority over a corps director? Isn't a staff coordinator hired by the corps director to put the educational staff in place?

there are changes underfoot that I've been hearing about - but Algeron is a step ahead of what has been communicated so I'd recommend everyone stay tuned

along with Branden it's confirmed (again on FB) that Josh Clements (corps photographer) will not be returning in 2020

68787338_10215331425347038_3991472520178

After spending the past 3 years with The Cadets, I’ve made the very difficult decision to seek out different opportunities for the 2020 season. I love this corps with all of my heart and this was in no way an easy decision to make. The people I have met along the way have become my family and I’m confident in saying that I would not be the person I am today without my involvement in this organization. To say that I’m proud of this corps and all of their accomplishments would be a massive understatement. They persevered through some of the most tumultuous seasons in the history of the corps, they redefined what it means to be a part of The Cadets, and most importantly they kept this corps alive. Our media team has been an innovator in an activity that sorely needed it and I’ve had the pleasure of working with so many incredibly talented individuals from so many different backgrounds. The members, staff, alumni, and volunteers are some of the most hardworking, genuine people I have ever met and they constantly inspire me to do better and to never stop improving. I will always cherish my time at this organization and I’m excited for what will most likely be my final season of drum corps media. Wherever I end up going the Cadets will always hold a special place in my heart and I am so thankful to have a place like this to call home. I hope I’ve been able to make a difference in your summers, it has been an absolute privilege to capture your journey over the past 3 years.

FHNSAB

Edited by George Dixon

Just now, soccerguy315 said:

Don't think the corps photographer will have much impact...

I'm thinking the same - just sharing as he is well known in the activity and highly regarded

• Like 5

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I'm thinking the same - just sharing as he is well known in the activity and highly regarded

Honestly I really appreciate how corps have stepped up their multimedia game over the last few years. Social media, pictures, video, etc. I only marched in the 00s, but I would love to have this kind of stuff from my seasons. Tons of quality rehearsal and performance pictures for the members to enjoy forever.

I've got mostly old school physical pictures that were scanned, and not very many of them. These guys/gals do a great service to the drum corps community.

• Like 6

A lot of the results at the very top of DCI corps may have to do with staff hiring below the top level in each caption. I say this because after listening to the SCV drumline in 2018, I looked at their percussion staff. I found they had 6 instructors listed for multi-tenors( quads). Of course they only marched five. Now I get that not all of those instructors toured all summer, but if you have the resources to hire basically one to one instruction, you are going to be pretty darn good.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rysa4 said:

A lot of the results at the very top of DCI corps may have to do with staff hiring below the top level in each caption. I say this because after listening to the SCV drumline in 2018, I looked at their percussion staff. I found they had 6 instructors listed for multi-tenors( quads). Of course they only marched five. Now I get that not all of those instructors toured all summer, but if you have the resources to hire basically one to one instruction, you are going to be pretty darn good.

Or they are just listed because they can only do camps, or 1-2 weeks of tour, or a week of move-ins, etc.

I can't speak for SCV but I'm willing to be just about everyone only has 1 tech on tour at a time. Maybe 2 for a day or two when there is a switchover going on due to life commitments. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Or they are just listed because they can only do camps, or 1-2 weeks of tour, or a week of move-ins, etc.

I can't speak for SCV but I'm willing to be just about everyone only has 1 tech on tour at a time. Maybe 2 for a day or two when there is a switchover going on due to life commitments. 

Not sure. But I count 23 on their percussion staff per the website. That is a whole lot compared to most other corps. Way more than I ever saw on tour when I marched. I think we had 6 in total for percussion or something like that.