Staff merry-go-round

30 minutes ago, Taylor Levun-Chard said:

All

I think Will Pitts has promise. Pair him with a visionary design head and I think he will flourish. He had too many  responsibilities this year to concentrate his entire focus on arranging. Is that due to budgetary constraints? I don’t know.

This year’s show had tons of potential if only it had more “trending elements” designed into it. Why isn’t marching while playing rewarded more these days? Yes, I’m a dino but to me this is the essence of drum corps.

Now, onto the argument about RV’s hands being tied. Who tied his hands this season???? The title in 2008 was won on the work of Pat Seidling. Since then, unfortunately, the decline in placements rests squarely on RV’s shoulders.

The corps needs someone who is able to work within DCI’s current environment to fight for what Regiment represents and based on given feedback make recommendations to the BOD on what is needed to be more competitive. This is not happening as far as I can see. 

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

He is also in the Crossmen Hall of Fame for his work with them.   I believe the Cadets are in good directorial hands.  

he took over a Crossmen corps many were leaving for dead and got them back into finals. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, year1buick said:

So where exactly does one go to pick up one of these championship level arrangers and designers? Asking for a friend...

designforrings.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Just check DCP; all sorts of world championship designers here. 

Ding ding!

19 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Hopefully a new director at Cadets.

Maybe they can get Shaun Gallant. He’s had a little success the past two years. 

5 hours ago, year1buick said:

So where exactly does one go to pick up one of these championship level arrangers and designers? Asking for a friend...

I have a couple  designers living in the garage. Probably time they got back to work and got a job.

• Haha 1