Staff merry-go-round

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t anticipate much if any movement of staff between corps. The non-destination corps will struggle and the destination corps will have their pick of the litter.

Phantom Regiment, Madison and Cadets might consider taking a risk on some talented new young blood wanting to get their feet wet. With both BDB and SCVC doing limited tours there might be some young talented people there willing to consider a position somewhere else, but I don’t think there will be any big name movement between corps. 

I read where Cadets are firing the entire staff with exception of 2 or 3 intellectuals. 

While you did not mention Boston. I want to add that I read where they are currently looking to hire anyone who can count to 8. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Den8uml said:

I understand your sentiment here and it’s a good one. But PR hasn’t won best color guard for the season since 1988. 

True, but they have always been respected as a beautiful, elegant, powerful and excellent guard. This year, not so much.

at this stage there's a zillion rumors, many unfounded, some wishful thinking....unless someone specific says they're out of somewhere, it's just keyboard warriors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

at this stage there's a zillion rumors, many unfounded, some wishful thinking....unless someone specific says they're out of somewhere, it's just keyboard warriors

Do you stay awake all night thinking up these irrefutable axioms?  

• Thanks 2

Why have a message board if you can't post messages about this and that. 

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Do you stay awake all night thinking up these irrefutable axioms?  

nope. took me 30 seconds. I'm good like that

• Haha 4

I am anticipating (and hoping for) no staff changes at BAC.  I think the design team just concluded the third year  of their 5 year contracts but in speaking with them this summer, I think they would stay even if those contracts didn't exist.  Everyone seems really happy. Although the non-designers aren't bound for five years, most of them are tethered to their caption heads (by choice) and it would seem that there wouldn't be any movement there either.

I hope.  It is a great team, to be sure!

Edited by craiga
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I hope the one I heard Saturday is untrue.  

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Touching on your point, what  I have found over the years is inaccurate name dropping. Often you will hear a name mentioned. The person knows the name, and why the person is significant in the activity. They may have a connection such as Facebook. However they have probably never met the person, or if they have, the conversation would not include confidential information. Then this same person goes to a show, or gets on DCP or Reddit and makes the most outlandish claim, which is not in keeping with the person’s character. What they fail to realize is that there is a name for it: slander.