Staff merry-go-round

On 8/12/2019 at 7:05 PM, PamahoNow said:

Wouldn't you say they know some?  And could list some?  Or wait to recruit until you can let MMs (and their parents?) know what to expect.  seems like "a best practice" is selling a pig in a poke.   Unless, "just being a Cadet" is enough of an enticement to attract the best and the brightest.

As others have mentioned, taking down staff pages after finals is not uncommon. With many corps, some staff move on by choice, others are moved on, and some remain. You could list the staff members that are set, but by only listing some, you could be opening a can of worms that leads to more speculation and less clarity. 

11 minutes ago, Tim K said:

As others have mentioned, taking down staff pages after finals is not uncommon. With many corps, some staff move on by choice, others are moved on, and some remain. You could list the staff members that are set, but by only listing some, you could be opening a can of worms that leads to more speculation and less clarity. 

Not uncommon?  How many of the top 12 have taken down their staff pages since finals?  I can see 9, one does label them 2019 staff.  Blue Stars was not up (due to a website re-design months ago) And I cannot locate Blue Knights staff page.  And then there is the Cadets.  That is 1 (or possibly 2) ..  "not uncommon" would make me think of a greater number.

I will agree that it used to be far more common than it is now.

14 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Not uncommon?  How many of the top 12 have taken down their staff pages since finals?  I can see 9, one does label them 2019 staff.  Blue Stars was not up (due to a website re-design months ago) And I cannot locate Blue Knights staff page.  And then there is the Cadets.  That is 1 (or possibly 2) ..  "not uncommon" would make me think of a greater number.

What’s your point / agenda? You keep posting about the Cadets staff page over and over 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

It happens every year. Period. Quit with the conspiracy theories. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tesmusic said:

It happens every year. Period. Quit with the conspiracy theories. 

But...but...we LIKE conspiracies!!

(btw maybe corps should just create a fresh page for staff each year -- after all it changes every year.  then you'd have -- you know -- a record of the staff for each season).

26 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

If you are a potential marching member, parent of a marching member, or an alum or donor, and you are this concerned, contact YEA for answers. If you are a fan, you’ll have to wait like the rest of us. If you are not in any of the above categories, well, you’re probably not going to be happy anyway.

• Like 3

On 8/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, PamahoNow said:

And Cadets are the only one of the 12 (am I wrong?) currently recruiting next year's members.  (at least on their web pages, have not looked at Facebook pages.)

For the corps not previously mentioned:

• SCV has a "become a member" section permanently built into their website menu format.
  • Carolina Crown promises audition info coming first of September.
  • Boston Crusaders have a permanent "audition" section on their site with an interest form you can fill out, even though registration info is not yet available.
  • Blue Knights website immediately splashes a "register today!" graphic, soliciting interest in their 2020 corps.
  • There is an "audition" button on Blue Stars home page.
  • Mandarins website directs interested parties to their Facebook 2020 interest group.
  • First of rotating Crossmen graphics says "2020 registration now live".
  • Phantom Regiment home page has a big "Looking for audition information?  Click Here" button.

I think it is safe to say that Cadets are not the only corps currently recruiting for 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

• SCV has a "become a member" section permanently built into their website menu format.
  • Boston Crusaders have a permanent "audition" section on their site with an interest form you can fill out, even though registration info is not yet available.
  • Blue Knights website immediately splashes a "register today!" graphic, soliciting interest in their 2020 corps.
  • Mandarins website directs interested parties to their Facebook 2020 interest group.
  • Phantom Regiment home page has a big "Looking for audition information?  Click Here" button.

I think it is safe to say that Cadets are not the only corps currently recruiting for 2020.

The Cadets are the only ones recruiting except for the others that are also recruiting.       😎  

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

As are Open Class Corps. I saw a Southwind FB post about 2020 auditions. Came out the day after Finals