Staff merry-go-round

2 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

So I presume you are speaking only of "The Cadets" from the 80's on but when I am looking at this organization, I am looking back to their start of 1934. They were one of the "Power Houses" from the east coast then and have managed to stay competitive to the current day. That's the Tradition of the maroon and gold and the cradle of drum corps.

That’s cool.  I only go back to 1968 as far as my knowledge of drum corps.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some of the names of who has taken over the visual design and visual caption side of Cadets are starting to leak out now.  People that marched or were involved in the Cadets in the past.  

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s cool.  I only go back to 1968 as far as my knowledge of drum corps.  

I'm a not too much older but stiil go back to my roots of the 60's. I remember my first records where the Stetson D. Richmond recordings of the "seniors" who I just fell in love with. I'm talking like the late 50's. There was nothing like listening to the Caballeros, Skyliners, Reilly Raiders, Yankee Rebels or Hurricanes.

• Like 2

Just now, Rich Cline said:

I'm a not too much older but stiil go back to my roots of the 60's. I remember my first records where the Stetson D. Richmond recordings of the "seniors" who I just fell in love with. I'm talking like the late 50's. There was nothing like listening to the Caballeros, Skyliners, Reilly Raiders, Yankee Rebels or Hurricanes.

My junior high band director would play senior corps albums for us.  He took us to the Illinois state fair competition in 68.  That’s where I saw my first drum corps show.  He was a big fan RIP. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Dare I say that the Cadets are the cradle of drum from the ‘80’s, ‘90’s, and early 2000’s.  Look at all the people who wore maroon and gold who are innovating in the activity today.    It’s amazing to think about. 

No doubt! BD too, but it seems like there is more old Garfield/CBC/Cadets alums out there in key positions doing some amazing things with the activity. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

interesting version of Leon May's background... he marched Cadets then taught there for 7 years winning high visual in 96... THEN went to Crossmen/SOA/Crown etc

Please don't tell me you are implying anything...?

2 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

They are everywhere.. Which makes a Cadet Revival a scary thing for the other corps because alot of great people have a lot of high ranking positions with corps around the top twelve.. What the Cadets are capable of doing this Staff Silly season could disrupt a number of corps.. Not that any of them will leave their positions for the chance at a revival, but you cannot discredit what it means for someone " To Go Home" And be a part of the Alumni that restore the Dominance the corps once enjoyed.. 

I so hope you are right