Staff merry-go-round

22 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Please don't tell me you are implying anything...?

the conversation was about giving an unknown a shot - Leon May had a long run in drum corps prior... 

beyond that nope - not implying anything

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drpepper said:

This.

Leon May for instance was once a relative unknown, at least in DCI. He came to Crossmen in 1999 and did some great things that never saw the light of day because they were squashed by more senior staff. Look at him now.

Might be a great time for some groups to mine the BOA/bigger high school circuits to find the next generation.

You Educate After

7 hours ago, drpepper said:

This.

Leon May for instance was once a relative unknown, at least in DCI. He came to Crossmen in 1999 and did some great things that never saw the light of day because they were squashed by more senior staff. Look at him now.

Might be a great time for some groups to mine the BOA/bigger high school circuits to find the next generation.

Actually Leon May and Danny Wiles were doing amazing and very innovative things when each of them was still eligible to march when the age cap was 21.  They started a winter guard Anthron (Midwest CGC and WGI) which was quite different from the Steve Brubaker's Cavaliers guard where Danny was a favorite. Leon as a George Zingali underling (with Jeff Sacktig, John Vanderkopf, and Jason DeGroff) were Cadets' alums. Both Leon and Danny took approaches far different from their home corps and far different from what Zingali/Brubaker did at Star of Indiana or Cavaliers or Cadets. Now look at the DCI, WGI, and BOA work Dan @ Avon H.S. and Cavaliers and Leon at Boston Crusaders after Crown, etc. have set as standards.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, E3D said:

What about the Cavaliers any news? 

You appear to be obsessed with this subject. 

Just now, Old Corps Guy said:

You appear to be obsessed with this subject. 

I don't agree obsessed is the correct way to describe what I mentioned. There is some info on reddit. Why ignore it here?

Interested if true why it was covered up or ignored. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

I don't agree obsessed is the correct way to describe what I mentioned. There is some info on reddit. Why ignore it here?

Interested if true why it was covered up or ignored. 

Do you really want to go back a decade based on what you read on "REDDIT" in an attempt to take down a corps?  Based on previous comments, it appears that is your goal.  Everyone that marched BITD can remember more than a couple of things that occurred that were unacceptable in today's world and were unacceptable BITD.

Obsessed would be the correct word since you keep bringing it up in a forum based on a different subject.  If you feel the need to pursue, create your own Topic/Thread on the subject.  This is about staff changes, not the subject you are pursuing.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Take down a corps? 

Anyone can ask a question here correct? That does not equate to "taking down a corps". 

This is a message board - things are discussed, things are questioned. Just like in life. 

You would think if there are some type of glitch in the matrix at the corps ,,,, that there just might be some staff changes coming. 

Since you are so sensitive I will leave "your" thread. Have a stellar day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

...Everyone that marched BITD can remember more than a couple of things that occurred that were unacceptable in today's world and were unacceptable BITD...

Imagine Drum Corps of the 70s in today's environment.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 9:33 PM, Sutasaurus said:

Mr. Valenzuela needs to go. He has done very little/nothing to further the cause of Regiment’s standing. The BOD needs to make a decision to either go the route of Star and leave DCI to become a performing arts outreach or take DCI competition seriously. Fortunately they are on financial footing to do one or the other but not both. 

It’s easy to say that from behind your computer, but there is a lot more to being a director than competitive placements. Why we don’t know are the financial issues the corps is facing, and how that translates to what is happening from a competitive front. It could be that Regiment doesn’t have the resources to be as competitive as they once were. 

• Like 3

On 8/15/2019 at 8:25 AM, E3D said:

Take down a corps? 

Anyone can ask a question here correct? That does not equate to "taking down a corps". 

This is a message board - things are discussed, things are questioned. Just like in life. 

You would think if there are some type of glitch in the matrix at the corps ,,,, that there just might be some staff changes coming. 

Since you are so sensitive I will leave "your" thread. Have a stellar day. 

Newly hired Executive Director. Newly hired Corps Director. Announcements at Corps Banquet that virtually all of the educational staff will return. And that educational staff is second to none. I don't expect any changes to the staff for the 2020 season. 

• Like 4