Staff merry-go-round

2 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Jim Ott was known to buy a few cases of beer for his horn line occasionally when we (Spirit) had an off-night on tour. He would give each of us who were 18 or older two beers at the end of rehearsal - and only two. There were only a couple of folks who were under 18, as I recall. Oh, and Jim loved Coors beer (not Coors Light, but the gold can), and it wasn't available east of the Mississippi back then, so these horn line beer gifts didn't commence until we crossed the Mississippi.

A little bird told me the same thing... 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 11:44 PM, FlamMan said:

Yea, no kidding. The things that we were allowed to do in the Scouts, well, other drum corps were jealous of us. I remember touring with the Crossmen in 1981 and after the show near our buses, I fired up a cig and cracked open a bear, and this guy from Crossmen said to me "holy sh1t, you can do that? Is it allowed?" YUP! Scott Stewart always said that we will be treated like adults, just dont be stupid. We always had coolers full of cold one's in the bus luggage storage area. I will leave it there...

I just remembered this...in 1981 right before taking the field at finals everyone in the Scouts was given a small cup of champagne and Scott Stewart made a toast to the corps...and then we sang MYNWA.  I'll never forget it.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 3

On 8/17/2019 at 11:16 PM, Jeff Ream said:

easy. until names come forward, including the author, it's an unsubstantiated rumor. 

I remember the same was posted here with respect to another corps and their directors behavior.  

Also remember the online employment reviews of the corps director told the same story that eventually came out. 

Your reply pretty much says the same thing as was then along with all the other who pile on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E3D said:

I remember the same was posted here with respect to another corps and their directors behavior.  

Also remember the online employment reviews of the corps director told the same story that eventually came out. 

Your reply pretty much says the same thing as was then along with all the other who pile on. 

Are you adding anything new or just repeating what has been rumored for over a year? 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, jwillis35 said:

No doubt! BD too, but it seems like there is more old Garfield/CBC/Cadets alums out there in key positions doing some amazing things with the activity. 

I was thinking the same thing, but those Devils seem to stay close to home and look what that gets them!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, E3D said:

the online reviews weren't anywhere close to what came out

14 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Are you adding anything new or just repeating what has been rumored for over a year? 

i first heard it at Allentown last year

Edited by Jeff Ream

13 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not sure you have noticed that I have not posted a single rumor. Only that a rumor existed. For me to have repeated what has been rumored, I would have had to actually post the freaking rumor. 

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the online reviews weren't anywhere close to what came out

If you say so. 

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

If you say so. 

I've read them