Staff merry-go-round

13 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The biggest issue with drum corps is some of the so called fans 

The fans are the biggest issue with drum corps??? Wow...no...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

No I am 

Make the cadets great again.

Fans are fans. Regardless of the subject. I used to run a Rivals.com site and I can assure you there is little difference because there is no difference between people in general.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I think “so called” may be the most accurate description. I have been amazed at some of what I have seen in Facebook this summer, both the DCP FB page and FB Drum Corps page. Absolutely clueless. Threads such as when did amplification come to play? Why are “xylophones and tympanis no longer carried? Yesterday there was a question about when the number of corps decreased as if it happened last summer.  Where have these people been? They complain about all sorts of crazy things. Where they have not been would be shows. This is why I say what I have been saying for years. Before you complain, show ticket stubs, credit card receipts or cancelled checks to prove you support drum corps, prove you marched or volunteered recently or helped a young person march, and then make critiques. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I think “so called” may be the most accurate description. I have been amazed at some of what I have seen in Facebook this summer, both the DCP FB page and FB Drum Corps page. Absolutely clueless. Threads such as when did amplification come to play? Why are “xylophones and tympanis no longer carried? Yesterday there was a question about when the number of corps decreased as if it happened last summer.  Where have these people been? They complain about all sorts of crazy things. Where they have not been would be shows. This is why I say what I have been saying for years. Before you complain, show ticket stubs, credit card receipts or cancelled checks to prove you support drum corps, prove you marched or volunteered recently or helped a young person march, and then make critiques. 

As much as I hate to say it.....I agree lol. Reading the DCP Facebook comments and other social media’s makes me want to poke my eyes out. I’m dumbfounded by the lack of knowledge of some of the posters who think they know drum corps. It’s great for the new fans who honestly are just finding out about the activity, but the know-it-all’s kill me. The other thing that drives me crazy are the posters who say they haven’t been to a live show in 20 years but are continually armchair quarterbacking the activity. NEWS FLASH: Drum Corps is better live!!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AlexL said:

Drum corps is no different than any other sport in that people follow staff changes and those staff changes often come out well before the official announcement. I'm seeing all of those regularly as a fan of college sports. and its no different in drum corps. It seems like you're the one who doesn't get it.  

Oh, and its fun to attack people who post rumors without naming their sources, but the fun thing about sources is that people who name their sources quickly find themselves without sources 

Thank you. The only one who gets it 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I thought it was the B flat instruments and lack of marching 🤪

• Haha 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

I thought it was the B flat instruments and lack of marching 🤪

Don’t forget electronics and props

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I seem to remember the president of one drum corps circuit complaining last year in public at championships about comments on the internet.

Sounds like bad leadership in my opinion. If you are the leader of an organization and getting hot and bothered by anonymous comments on the internet, then you aren't focusing enough on your own job. Now if the comments are becoming big enough that they are affecting business/the bottom line, then I do think it's appropriate to comment on them

And regardless, the internet has quite a wide variety of people and niches, hard to pinpoint what exactly is being referred to.