Staff merry-go-round

DRAH MAH! 

Man, next week should be amazing in here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

It would be a shame if he left BK, I've found his arrangements more entertaining at BK than his time at Cadets 

His arrangements for Cadets were great during their peak. I like that he’s been arranging for only one corps. He’s also stayed relevant and contemporary which I think is a credit to him and maybe being pushed in that direction by BK’s vision. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, East9900 said:

Could anyone please explain why this rule exists? Originally I was thinking it was there so corps aren't poaching other staff members so soon, but it doesn't seem like that is the case since there are rumors out there of firings and hiring new staffs already.

Corps members should be the focus here and it seems like the sooner corps members are aware of these things, they better off they are in making a decision that fits their best interest. Most corps members are fairly loyal, but I'm sure there are plenty that want to be taught by certain staff members. 

I wonder how many will actually make an announcement after the time limit has been lifted. I would think corps would want that news out there as soon as possible to add excitement and give enough time for the news to get out before camps start and build those numbers.

it was to allow corps to all start announcing on an even foot....people finding out they lost their gigs had time to find a new one, corps finding out they were losing staff time to find new people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tim K said:

The Monday after finals in 2016, BAC announced that Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt would be leaving Cadets and soon after it was announced Crown staff would be leaving and going to BAC. The rule was proposed after these announcements and voted on I am assuming at the winter meeting in 2017. 

I have no problem with the rule, and it does give corps some time to prepare for staff departures. That being said, the rumors are often out there. For example, In 2016, I began hearing rumblings big things on the horizon at a BAC home show in August, more solid information in Allentown, and all but a solid confirmation in Indy.  I do not say this as someone who is well informed. I say it as someone who can say “If I know it, everyone else must too.” 

the staff that went to BAC was known in July by some. Amazed it didn't leak

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

right. If you drop a name and its wrong... Negative Reputation.. Thin out the weeds and leave those who really know to shine.. 

if I told 25% of half of what I have learned over the years, oy vey. and it's been 95% correct info too

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

if I told 25% of half of what I have learned over the years, oy vey. and it's been 95% correct info too

no one told me there would be math

• Like 2
  • Haha 7