Staff merry-go-round

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the staff that went to BAC was known in July by some. Amazed it didn't leak

Not to be captain obvious but anyone who was around that group in July 2016 could feel the tension in the air.  It was pretty uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the staff that went to BAC was known in July by some. Amazed it didn't leak

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not to be captain obvious but anyone who was around that group in July 2016 could feel the tension in the air.  It was pretty uncomfortable. 

My understanding is that discussions took place in San Antonio, were solidified around Atlanta, and nothing would be said until after finals. In Allentown word was out, but very few believed it. In Indy, the rumor aspect ended, especially when BAC squeaked into finals. Another thing about names surfacing, Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt leaving Cadets had been rumored for a while. Who would be the first to grab them was the question. 

What is a funny story is something that happened in Indy in 2016. I ran into a well known person associated with the corps who will remain nameless. He shook my hand, we had a friendly but brief conversation that pretty much consisted of joking about our holding Colts souvenir cups (I believe he is a Patriots season ticket holder). He left and I was approached by total strangers asking if Colin and Gino were going to Boston Crusaders. He didn’t say a word about any staff changes. If anything he was probably thinking  “I know this guy.  What’s his name?” Interestingly, I know more than my share of alums and a few board members, but I did not hear any of it from any of them. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, karuna said:

I'm sorry, that's 'enry 'iggns.

Jus a li' il bit a luck!

• Haha 1

As someone who has been associated with Boston since 1979, I am still wondering where all the outrage was when BAC was hemorrhaging staff and kids all those years to other corps.  Nobody seemed to give it a thought.  As I've said numerous times on here, many fans would probably be shocked to discover how many staff including caption heads came through the Boston Crusaders at some point...including during the late 70s and early 80s when there were FIVE World Class corps in the Boston area alone.  (BAC, 27th Lancers, NorthStar, Defenders, Alliance).

What a difference a couple decades make....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, craiga said:

As someone who has been associated with Boston since 1979, I am still wondering where all the outrage was when BAC was hemorrhaging staff and kids all those years to other corps.  Nobody seemed to give it a thought.  As I've said numerous times on here, many fans would probably be shocked to discover how many staff including caption heads came through the Boston Crusaders at some point...including during the late 70s and early 80s when there were FIVE World Class corps in the Boston area alone.  (BAC, 27th Lancers, NorthStar, Defenders, Alliance).

What a difference a couple decades make....

Some very short memories in this activity.   Ironically, some people hold grudges forever. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

What section? 

A good guess would be brass.

24 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

A good guess would be brass.

Yes.

18 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

The other 5% it was actually Professor Plum in the Library with a Candlestick.

Nope. Someone with an agenda