Staff merry-go-round

On 8/30/2019 at 12:23 AM, just_another_fanatic said:

Edited by trumpetcam

5 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Eh. Not as good as he once was IMO

did you not ####### listen to ####### babylon?

and if you people hinting that jd shaw is going back to phantom are just bull #######, please stop playing with my emotions!  

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, trumpetcam said:

Well, letting an arranger like Shaw go and losing their Ott winning brass caption head to another corps, I guess you decide? Sounds like a little step back, at least in music land. I’d assume the visual design with a Gaines/Toth around should still be very strong. Drums aren’t going away, so that should be a plus. Crazy that these changes pale in comparison to the massive overhaul that is The Cadets. 

I totally understand that losing Shaw is a big deal but I’m wondering more about these VanDorens. I only know that the dude was on Crown’s brass staff. Is he well known and well regarded? Would like to know more...

9 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Rumors are a certain west coast staff is moving en masse to Pio. They will be bringing Stravinsky with a twist of 80's pop culture nostalgia to the field for Pio's 2020 production "The Rite of Irish Spring". I'm hearing they are shooting to be clean as a whistle.

Hopefully that will be a tin whistle... LOL

Do you guys think that members will transfer from Santa Clara to Phantom? I’m gonna be very curious to see that. Transferring is what made Boston so good so quickly, not just the instructional talent. I have a hard time believing that a lot of kids will not stay with Vanguard.