Staff merry-go-round

6 minutes ago, Drboned said:

When do the staff announcements start?

Asking on behalf of readers of this thread who are interested in the subject of this thread? 👅

Unless someone wants to actually say names and places......

After Labor Day. 

Regarding naming names, some people seem to have names, and some are pretty credible people. That being said, if you look at this thread or others similar to it, info from credible sources often turns out to be very wrong, and posters are left with egg on their faces. 🍳

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Is it fun lifting things out of context?

I'm 61.

It's not much fun lifting anything these days. :laughing:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Is it fun lifting things out of context?

Welcome to my nightmare George. People are refusing to realize that we agree on more things than not.

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Except one of these lovelies.   🍺 🍻 

And don’t forget your 🌭!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tim K said:

After Labor Day. 

Regarding naming names, some people seem to have names, and some are pretty credible people. That being said, if you look at this thread or others similar to it, info from credible sources often turns out to be very wrong, and posters are left with egg on their faces. 🍳

It comes off as “I know something you don’t. Neener neener poo poo kaka head” 

Not to mention these are human beings who probably worked very hard and have pride in their efforts, posters in this thread don’t take that into account. The amount of factors that should go into the retention and/or discontinuance of a staff person should not only be based on the placement of a corps. 

What if the program coordinator is a bad communicator? Is that why a visual designer gets fired? What if the talent level is low? Is that why a tech is not be brought back? Should either of those lead to an end of a career?

I’ve seen, in other threads, talented individuals get trashed for something they did years ago. Can’t we give the benefit of doubt that people can grow the same way we expect growth in all aspects of life?

We are a tough judgemental crowd sometimes. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Except one of these lovelies.   🍺 🍻 

Good point.

Craft-brew pint curls are still on the exercise agenda. :tongue:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Remember when Jeff Ream said on the Cadets thread that you're doing the most out of anyone to stoke the flames? He was totally correct (then again, when is he not?).

Give it a rest and let people be. If the mods have an issue, theyll take care of it. They already took care of your personal attack on me in the Cadets thread. 

no I don't remember - probably didn't read it...

I also don't  remember a "personal attack" on you - if you felt attacked, I apologize.

I'm just putting you back on ignore where you belong *in my opinion. 

You don't have the experience to know what you don't know - for that I give you a pass.

Take care & I hope your school year goes well,

G.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drboned said:

It comes off as “I know something you don’t. Neener neener poo poo kaka head” 

Not to mention these are human beings who probably worked very hard and have pride in their efforts, posters in this thread don’t take that into account. The amount of factors that should go into the retention and/or discontinuance of a staff person should not only be based on the placement of a corps. 

What if the program coordinator is a bad communicator? Is that why a visual designer gets fired? What if the talent level is low? Is that why a tech is not be brought back? Should either of those lead to an end of a career?

I’ve seen, in other threads, talented individuals get trashed for something they did years ago. Can’t we give the benefit of doubt that people can grow the same way we expect growth in all aspects of life?

We are a tough judgemental crowd sometimes. 

Excuse me but is any of that going on in this thread? No. The drama seems to be coming from those trying to say naming names on staff changes or speaking of a rumor is tantamount to treason. It's silly.

It's a small fringe activity and this message board is an even smaller even less important sub-set of that. Quit making this out to be equivalent to Russia farking around in the US election.

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2