Staff merry-go-round

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

no I don't remember - probably didn't read it...

I also don't  remember a "personal attack" on you - if you felt attacked, I apologize.

I'm just putting you back on ignore where you belong *in my opinion. 

You don't have the experience to know what you don't know - for that I give you a pass.

Take care & I hope your school year goes well,

G.

Thank goodness, I can look forward to less (or hopefully no more) condescension from you now :innocent:

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Excuse me but is any of that going on in this thread? No. The drama seems to be coming from those trying to say naming names on staff changes or speaking of a rumor is tantamount to treason. It's silly.

It's a small fringe activity and this message board is an even smaller even less important sub-set of that. Quit making this out to be equivalent to Russia farking around in the US election.

Couldn't have said it better. 

• Like 1

Social media makes it child's play for departing staff members to recruit former students to move with them to their new corps.  

This used to be considered "bad form" but is now commonplace (even if it is taking place in "private" groups). 

Sad but true.  

27 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

no I don't remember - probably didn't read it...

I also don't  remember a "personal attack" on you - if you felt attacked, I apologize.

I'm just putting you back on ignore where you belong *in my opinion. 

You don't have the experience to know what you don't know - for that I give you a pass.

Take care & I hope your school year goes well,

G.

classic offseason george-tantrum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, karuna said:

Social media makes it child's play for departing staff members to recruit former students to move with them to their new corps.  

This used to be considered "bad form" but is now commonplace (even if it is taking place in "private" groups). 

Sad but true.  

I understand the sentiment, but to play devil's advocate, isn't a staff's loyalty to their students, not the corps? And vice versa for the students? After all, it isn't the "idea" of the organization that the students spend the summer learning from, it's the instructors and techs that they interact with everyday during the summer. 

Imo the idea of loyalty to a corps died once local drum corps died 

7 minutes ago, FTNK said:

classic offseason george-tantrum

Uh oh watch out, you'll get put on the naughty list too 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I understand the sentiment, but to play devil's advocate, isn't a staff's loyalty to their students, not the corps? And vice versa for the students? After all, it isn't the "idea" of the organization that the students spend the summer learning from, it's the instructors and techs that they interact with everyday during the summer. 

I think it varies. Some kids really want to march Corps X, some kids really want to play for Staff Y. The kids pay the bills to march, they can have whatever motivation they please for doing so.

But I agree with what you say - if you really want to study with someone, you should go to where they are teaching.

18 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If you look at the current membership as a "resource" of the Flying Fish,  when a FF employee leaves to teach at the Growling Groupers, are they permitted to take corps resources with them to GG?   

It's not about loyalty but outright theft.  FF worked hard to produce that roster.  In a sense that roster is their most valuable resource.  

I realize this is "stretching" things a bit.  But it's not about loyalty.  Members should be and are FREE to march where they wish.  But actively recruiting members is far different than an independent choice to follow an instructor.  There's a teacher-student relationship being exploited improperly.  

Anyway it's now the new normal.   So w/e.  

Edited by karuna