Staff merry-go-round

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Remember when Jeff Ream said on the Cadets thread that you're doing the most out of anyone to stoke the flames? He was totally correct (then again, when is he not?).

Give it a rest and let people be. If the mods have an issue, theyll take care of it. They already took care of your personal attack on me in the Cadets thread. 

I can be wrong, ask my wife. Then again, she doesn't come on DCP

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, craiga said:

Actually, although a good number of guard members joined Boston in 2017 (I seem to remember it being 14), the same was not true for brass and percussion.  With Gino and Colin coming to BAC, there was substantially more interest in auditioning in general, but I only know of two prior Cadets who marched Boston in 2017, and they both came from Cadets2.  With the corps leaping from 12th to 6th in 17, that is what resulted in huge audtion numbers in all sections with the 2019 audition cohort being the all time record for Boston.

There were some talented guard members who switched to BAC in 2017 to be sure, but they were only 14 out of 44.

i thought i remember a lot of Cadets staying at Cadets or going elsewhere

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

no I don't remember - probably didn't read it...

I also don't  remember a "personal attack" on you - if you felt attacked, I apologize.

I'm just putting you back on ignore where you belong *in my opinion. 

You don't have the experience to know what you don't know - for that I give you a pass.

Take care & I hope your school year goes well,

G.

you read it and replied.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

You are generalizing with no factual support. I firmly believe there is less stealing of mm’s than you are characterizing.  Top staff has more integrity than that.  Here’s a scenario for you:  mm A goes to corps X where there is a great instructor.  After one season the great instructor moves to corps Y.  mm A liked being taught by the great instructor and decides to go to corps Y.  Fellow mm’s of A also go to corps Y because of their positive experience & liking the great instructor more than their experience at corps X.  However, many other mm’s enjoyed their experience at X more than the great instructor.  They stay at X.  Some mm’s chose to go/follow and some chose to stay.   The great instructor stole no one.  Great instructors draw talent wherever they teach. Mm’s choose where they feel they will reach their goals, whatever they may be.  This may seem like the new normal but there’s nothing new about it.  It happens in the non drum corps world everyday.

those willing to leave can't be stolen. If you build an environment people want to stay at, they'll stay

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

It happened pre-DCI as well. When Garfield released our great percussion instructor, George Tuthill, after the 71 season, a healthy chunk of the drumline went to the Caballeros where he was also the drum guy. 

I mean....who would want to play in a drumline taught by the new guy named "Fred Sanford".   😲

several long time Float guys bailed on BD after he was let go after 90....for Sanford LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Can the personal attacks between posters please stop. It is getting way out of hand.

:notme:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You have a long day tomorrow, young man.  😂 

nope. Had morning commitments, so I won't be up til finals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Good call.. 

same corps both shows

• Thanks 1