Staff merry-go-round

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

It happened pre-DCI as well. When Garfield released our great percussion instructor, George Tuthill, after the 71 season, a healthy chunk of the drumline went to the Caballeros where he was also the drum guy. 

I mean....who would want to play in a drumline taught by the new guy named "Fred Sanford".   😲

There’s a world of difference between active recruiting and choosing to follow an instructor. 

12 hours ago, trumpetcam said:

Cadets with major overhaul, bringing in big name team across the board. Huge upswing in brass and percussion.

Really, they needed an upswing in percussion? I kinda thought that was the caption where they were competitive with all the lines that medaled.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Really, they needed an upswing in percussion? I kinda thought that was the caption where they were competitive with all the lines that medaled.

we are in silly season - Cadets hardly need a "huge upswing in percussion" as you state

• Like 1

We truly are in silly season, a corps simply trying to improve on an already strong caption is receiving criticism

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

we are in silly season - Cadets hardly need a "huge upswing in percussion" as you state

Oh you guys.. Does this make you feel better?

"Cadets with major overhaul, bringing in big name team across the board. Huge upswing in brass and although percussion is a strong suit already, the music program could potentially get better collectively moving forward." 

Like Cappy said, silly season!!

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Thanks 1

Well, after the Cadets performance at the Zionsville show in June, some guy behind me said "I'm almost ready for a 'not guilty' verdict to bring back the old director".  After viewing their production several times this season, I "almost" agree with him.  ("Almost" with a strictly selfish motivation for their past productions with Jay Bocook arrangements.)  The percussion were outstanding and the only reason I didn't go to the restroom.  Nothing against the student members, but the "frankenstein" production at the end of the season was just hard to enjoy.           

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

32 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

46 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Did you really mean to quote MusicMan? He didn’t make a statement, he asked a question. Also, he didn’t use the word “huge”. Why the added hyperbole? 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Luckily, he wasn’t sitting behind me at Zionsville.  There are things more important than drum corps, as hard as it may be for some people to believe. 

exactly. Treating each other well is much more important

• Like 1