Staff merry-go-round

11 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Well, after the Cadets performance at the Zionsville show in June, some guy behind me said "I'm almost ready for a 'not guilty' verdict to bring back the old director".  After viewing their production several times this season, I "almost" agree with him.  ("Almost" with a strictly selfish motivation for their past productions with Jay Bocook arrangements.)  The percussion were outstanding and the only reason I didn't go to the restroom.  Nothing against the student members, but the "frankenstein" production at the end of the season was just hard to enjoy.           

Hit and miss.  It happens.  I re-watched 2018 which I love.  This past year not so much.

But back when Garfield was rising I didn't like 1986 at all.  At all.  What the heck the guard was spinning plastic pretend clarinets.  

Some years are great, some not so great. 

My goodness how I love Ara Butar.  Goosebumps every time.  One of the better ballads of all times. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

Did you really mean to quote MusicMan? He didn’t make a statement, he asked a question. Also, he didn’t use the word “huge”. Why the added hyperbole? 

who are you asking? 

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Luckily, he wasn’t sitting behind me at Zionsville.  There are things more important than drum corps, as hard as it may be for some people to believe. 

Think his wife "set him straight".  Several folks heard his comment & there were a few moans.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Think his wife "set him straight".  Several folks heard his comment & there were a few moans.   

There are shockingly quite a few people thinking this way. Some of them are posting rumors in this very thread - which is probably why I'm quite cranky about it

Drum corps is NOT more important than treating people with respect

I heard a story a long time ago about GH - which I sort of dismissed at the time. A joint Cabs/Cadets show at the old Meadowlands stadium and GH sort of ran off with the gate cash for the walk up folks. The co sponsors literally chased after him. Money was taking because "Cadets needed it" -- a third party story I now believe as fact since i've heard it many times. 

No one corps is more important than another. None of us are more important as fans than the members or those working their butts off with the corps.

A powerful lesson some have yet to learn.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Do I need to draw a picture?

Wow - ask a question, get a snarky answer.

I wasn't sure - I was AGREEING with the post I quoted. 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

There are shockingly quite a few people thinking this way. Some of them are positing rumors in this very thread - which is probably why I'm quite cranky about it

Drum corps is NOT more important than treating people with respect

I heard a story a long time ago about GH - which I sort of dismissed at the time. A joint Cabs/Cadets show at the old Meadowlands stadium and GH sort of ran off with the gate cash for the walk up folks. The co sponsors literally chased after him. Money was taking because "Cadets needed it" -- a third party story I now believe as fact since i've heard it many times. 

No one corps is more important than other. None of us are more important as fans than the members or those working their butts off with the corps.

A powerful lesson some have yet to learn.

From your mouth to God’s ears.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

In that case you quoted the wrong person. That’s what caused the confusion. Go back a read it. 

He meant to quote me. I reclarified my thoughts, but still believe the new percussion team COULD  be better long term with the other incoming additions as have been discussed on here. IMHO of course. 

Edited by trumpetcam