Staff merry-go-round

19 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

In that case you quoted the wrong person. That’s what caused the confusion. Go back a read it. 

I quoted the person I was agreeing with. 

13 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

He meant to quote me. I reclarified my thoughts, but still believe the new percussion team COULD  be better long term with the other incoming additions as have been discussed on here. IMHO of course. 

I did not mean to quote you. And yes - even a great percussion team/caption can be improved upon. 

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I quoted the person I was agreeing with. 

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I did not mean to quote you. And yes - even a great percussion team/caption can be improved upon. 

Lol

We have a circular firing squad going on. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Thanks 1

A bit of caution on “Dream Team” staffs: assembling a perfect or nearly perfect staff will only work if the leadership is solid and everyone is working towards the same goal. There are so many factors that can be at play. Big names can have big egos that clash. Big names can have the occasional idea that does not work as expected. Over the years there are posts that a big name is going to a corps and all that corps’ problems would be solved, and it hasn’t happened. 

The focus should be on the right people, who may be big names, but could also include lesser known people and perhaps some new blood being given a chance.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

A bit of caution on “Dream Team” staffs: assembling a perfect or nearly perfect staff will only work if the leadership is solid and everyone is working towards the same goal. There are so many factors that can be at play. Big names can have big egos that clash. Big names can have the occasional idea that does not work as expected. Over the years there are posts that a big name is going to a corps and all that corps’ problems would be solved, and it hasn’t happened. 

The focus should be on the right people, who may be big names, but could also include lesser known people Andrew perhaps some new blood being given a chance.

All very true.New blood is also good with guidance. Another issue just like with slapping a name on announcements is hiring someone merely because the marched somewhere doesn't mean they can teach. Also sometimes some staff or the so-called plan or loyalty is only till the next best thing comes around.