Staff merry-go-round

8 minutes ago, Kajarlo said:

The other strange thing about all of this is how active TrumetCam (aka Chip Crotts) has been on this thread talking about himself in third person and how SCV music will be taking a step back without him being there....

Image result for and i oop gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, trumpetcam said:

Hello Kajralo, all facts about 2019 SCV. However incorrect, this account not run by Crotts. It was used years ago by he and many friends to join DCP and to share with fellow dci lovers and colleagues to stay active off season and when away from teaching. If there is a need and agenda to call out people in the activity, why do it here? If you'd like to speak in PM, I'm glad to share with you, but no reason to try and drag someone's name through mud here when you don't have current factual information. None of the info presented here is incorrect and as all other users, we are entitled to our opinions. Shall we talk about other currently teaching users on here (Bruckner8??) and so on?? 

Nope, not a current teacher.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:20 PM, trumpetcam said:

Hello Kajralo, all facts about 2019 SCV. However incorrect, this account not run by Crotts. It was used years ago by he and many friends to join DCP and to share with fellow dci lovers and colleagues to stay active off season and when away from teaching. If there is a need and agenda to call out people in the activity, why do it here? If you'd like to speak in PM, I'm glad to share with you, but no reason to try and drag someone's name through mud here when you don't have current factual information. None of the info presented here is incorrect and as all other users, we are entitled to our opinions. Why join up, troll someone about leaving a corps, and try to call them out?? I do think it's a big change, and many others do as well. Shall we talk about other currently teaching users on here (Bruckner8??) and so on?? 

OK ... I’m out.

Am I reading this wrong? Has Chip  Crotts and several others used this account? 

One account ... one user.  Anything else is ####ed up.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JackTripper said:

I wonder if Hunt will be pushing for Regiment to go all male?

That's interesting. Has their guard ever been all male before? Or are you laking about the corps proper?

16 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

That's interesting. Has their guard ever been all male before? Or are you laking about the corps proper?

JackTripper (aside: oh Stanley!) was saying that in jest in reference to a regrettable comment Jeremy Hunt made during a Flo broadcast. It was something adverse about women, but I can't remember exactly. It was a dumb comment that he verbalized poorly, and he felt awful about it. 

Edited by kdaddy

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

He was saying that in jest in reference to a regrettable comment he made during a Flo broadcast. It was something adverse about women, but I can't remember exactly. It was a dumb comment that he verbalized poorly, and he felt awful about it. 

Oh wow. I missed that! Yikes.

4 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Yeah, it's true. Ward Miller is no longer with the Blue Stars. I read a post from him and he left the corps on good terms; he even told the members to remain with the corps. That's a really big hit for the brass section and the corps. He did wonders for the hornline and took it to  a new level with a fantastic sound. Whoever replaces him will have a pretty big task to keep that section at such a high level. With such a significant departure; I fear the Blue Stars will now be trying to find a way to remain a Top 12 finalist. 

I am sure the Stars will bring in talent that will keep them at the same level or move them up. Bottom line they were an eighth place corps with an eighth place brass line. If they want to move up, they need better captions across the board. 

If Jim Wunderlich is still on board, he may be putting together his own team. 

18 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

In 1963, the Regiment was an all-male corps, including the CG.  In 1964, the Regiment converted to its original standard of a male and female corps with a return of the Phantomettes.  

As an aside, in one of our early years (between 1956 & 1960) a few MMs formed an all-male Color Guard and competed on the winter guard circuit; we called ourselves the Raiders; we lasted one year. These days, the Regiment's CG  includes males and they are called Raiders.  

• Like 2