Staff merry-go-round

1 minute ago, 1956OPR said:

In 1963, the Regiment was an all-male corps, including the CG.  In 1964, the Regiment converted to its original standard of a male and female corps with a return of the Phantomettes.  

As an aside, in one of our early years (between 1956 & 1960) a few MMs formed an all-male Color Guard and competed on the winter guard circuit; we called ourselves the Raiders; we lasted one year. These days, the Regiment's CG  includes males and they are called Raiders.  

That's pretty cool.

12 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

I am sure the Stars will bring in talent that will keep them at the same level or move them up. Bottom line they were an eighth place corps with an eighth place brass line. If they want to move up, they need better captions across the board. 

If Jim Wunderlich is still on board, he may be putting together his own team.

Edited by RContra

24 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

JackTripper (aside: oh Stanley!) was saying that in jest in reference to a regrettable comment Jeremy Hunt made during a Flo broadcast. It was something adverse about women, but I can't remember exactly. It was a dumb comment that he verbalized poorly, and he felt awful about it. 

Was it the “Cavies can be pushed harder in rehearsal because they’re all male” or something to that effect? I think he learned his lesson. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1956OPR said:

In 1963, the Regiment was an all-male corps, including the CG.  In 1964, the Regiment converted to its original standard of a male and female corps with a return of the Phantomettes.  

As an aside, in one of our early years (between 1956 & 1960) a few MMs formed an all-male Color Guard and competed on the winter guard circuit; we called ourselves the Raiders; we lasted one year. These days, the Regiment's CG  includes males and they are called Raiders.  

Thank you for the clarification. For some reason I remember it as The Forest City Rangers.

11 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Was it the “Cavies can be pushed harder in rehearsal because they’re all male” or something to that effect? I think he learned his lesson. 

Ah yes, that was indeed it. He got slammed for good reason, and he was pretty eat up over it.

14 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

This is exactly why I hate this thread every year. Good lord, people.

If only there was a way to avoid reading stuff that you know will just make you angry. I wonder how that’s even possible. I mean, I guess you can just ignore the thread each year, but that’s just crazy talk! 🤪

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1