Staff merry-go-round

18 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

All in good fun, but it’s pretty simple if anyone wants to just ask me about the account. I opened it with several people, and have used over the years with them and former students. It is easy to open an account, but it’s also easier to just use someone else’s when you just don’t post on here much. May seem odd to you, but not as uncommon as you might think. I’d expect as much ribbing as I’ll get right now, but it’s not a conspiracy. It’s the sense of humor and sarcasm in here that makes it fun to follow, so no offense taken. Enjoy the announcements forthcoming!

💩Oh what a tangled web we weave......

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Confession time... Cappy, Granny Smith, Notabando, and I all run the George Dixon account.

I am getting quite tired of the "jokes" 

Regarding multiple users sharing one account it was against the terms of use at DCP when I wrote them originally. Haven't checked the latest version

If I ever started another site I wouldn't allow anonymous users. Would raise the level of discourse dramatically

However I'd be more likely to open a strict news site than another loosely moderated discussion forum. For quality/reputation you have to lock down the thread generation and terms of use.

Tonight we'll start getting actual drum corps posting actual news - what a relief!

• Like 1

Conversely Terri Schehr, DrumManTx, and I are NOT multiple people sharing a single account.  But we ARE a single hive mind sharing multiple accounts.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

However I'd be more likely to open a strict news site than another loosely moderated discussion forum. For quality/reputation you have to lock down the thread generation and terms of use.

George...Orwell?

• Haha 2