Staff merry-go-round

43 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That bothers me, too but someone told me 17 years ago that “loyalty has legs”. It’s always kind of been that way.  I was in Guardsmen three seasons and we had three different drill writers. 

But weren't Campbell, Hardy and Salzman there for a while, along with much of the staff? The Guardsmen problem was there winter program was weak with very poor practice attendance and they would throw a corps together in April. 1979 was different though.

Edited by FlamMan

4 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

But weren't Campbell, Hardy and Salzman there for  while, along with much of the staff? The Guardsmen problem was there winter program was weak with very poor practice attendance and they would throw a corps together in April. 1979 was different though.

Campbell was there the entire time I was there.  Ramelli was the brass arranger in 76 and 77.  Tim came there in 78.  Guard staff was pretty solid.  

We had very strong winters in 76 and 77.  78 winter was not good. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Daave said:

So, we have always been led to believe that staff on all levels have told the MM's to avoid DCP like the plague.  And yet, it would appear that some of these same people have accounts here (some they share?) to see what is going on at DCP in order to post?  Interesting...  like Phillip Seymour Hoffman on an 8 ball.   😂

many have accounts here and never post. it's why i get messages from nationwide asking me about someone that posted something on here.

43 minutes ago, JustEnjoyIt said:

Tonight, Cadets better be announcing their 2020 production as Volume 3 or I'm going to be severely disgruntled. It's not too late to make it a trilogy. It's never too late.

I do also kinda hope this countdown leads to the announcement of an upcoming announcement. At midnight: "The Cadets are proud to announce that staff announcements will happen in two weeks! Be prepared!"

I think it will be that the DM's for 2020 are Little Geoffrey and Little Debbie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Continental said:

DCP has evolved into Lord of the Flies. 

oh please, shoulda been here in 2010

12 hours ago, Barneveld said:

I thought Notabando ran Brasso's account?

ook

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

many have accounts here and never post. it's why i get messages from nationwide asking me about someone that posted something on here.

Well, Nationwide is a fine insurance company.

11 hours ago, Continental said:

An account with multiple personalities?

It's like Sybil the movie but different. 

or Brasso

11 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I am getting quite tired of the "jokes" 

Regarding multiple users sharing one account it was against the terms of use at DCP when I wrote them originally. Haven't checked the latest version

If I ever started another site I wouldn't allow anonymous users. Would raise the level of discourse dramatically

However I'd be more likely to open a strict news site than another loosely moderated discussion forum. For quality/reputation you have to lock down the thread generation and terms of use.

Tonight we'll start getting actual drum corps posting actual news - what a relief!

no, i'd still be an ######## like i am here using my real name

• Haha 2