Staff merry-go-round

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

there's a lot of new talent coming in on tech & instructional levels - that's where you grow the future

EXACTLY.  The org needs old leadership wisdom in a new world, and excellent staff to carry that culture down to the individuals.  It's a great mix.

I'm not convinced at all that this activity doesn't suffer from the same presumptions about the "young, new" talent that many volunteer groups experience.  Generally, the wisdom of old experience is more valuable than a constant "sounds crazy, might work" every hour of every day.

The Cadets may be "putting the band back together again" with a group that may be among the most progressive they could find.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Possibly the biggest surprise in Cadets' announcement is that the Artistic Director is unchanged. Undoubtedly there will be a lot of technical/arrangement improvement from the returning "greatest hits" staff, but let's just hope the ideas that the whole program will be based around turn out to be more sound than what was on display in 'Behold!'  😬

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Possibly the biggest surprise in Cadets' announcement is that the Artistic Director is unchanged. Undoubtedly there will be a lot of technical/arrangement improvement from the returning "greatest hits" staff, but let's just hope the ideas that the whole program will be based around turn out to be more sound than what was on display in 'Behold!'  😬

I heard that others who were unnamed (contract negotiations still in progress maybe?) will be coming in to work with her. She won't be allowed to go rogue again.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

I heard that others who were unnamed (contract negotiations still in progress maybe?) will be coming in to work with her. She won't be allowed to go rogue again.

They think they can do better, in other words?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So it was the Cadexit when they left. What's it called now? 

welcome home

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, garfield said:

EXACTLY.  The org needs old leadership wisdom in a new world, and excellent staff to carry that culture down to the individuals.  It's a great mix.

I'm not convinced at all that this activity doesn't suffer from the same presumptions about the "young, new" talent that many volunteer groups experience.  Generally, the wisdom of old experience is more valuable than a constant "sounds crazy, might work" every hour of every day.

The Cadets may be "putting the band back together again" with a group that may be among the most progressive they could find.

I do like that Scott is still very involved, despite the many misinformed rumors of his demise on here. I'm sure those who falsely accused him of being fired will rush forth to apologize since, well, it was his idea to go off the road.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2