Staff merry-go-round

Is there a clean break in the educational staff titles noting someone that is paid a decent wage and someone that may get some cash but is basically volunteering?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Is there a clean break in the educational staff titles noting someone that is paid a decent wage and someone that may get some cash but is basically volunteering?

I think the Wording now goes;

Technician -> Caption Head/ Manager -> Choreographer/Arranger -> Caption Coordinator -> Design Team -> Program Coordinator.

The higher you go up the ladder the more your pay and importance in the organization.

Caption coordinator is what we used to call a Caption Head, but now its seems like most caption heads at least in the Guard world are the main people that are committing the most time to the group. The people that will rehearse the group all summer while the Caption Coordinator is the name of the group.. 

Edited by Glenn426
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Jay Bocook will also be remaining in Denver with BK, along with Keith Tye.

https://ascendperformingarts.org/bk-announce-brass-leadership-for-2020-season/

So will they have 2 arrangers, I’m reading it different possibly. It says we are excited to announce our brass arranger Leslie Gilreath. It mentions Bocook as one of his teachers, though.

Edited by tesmusic

11 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

So will they have 2 arrangers, I’m reading it different possibly. It says we are excited to announce our brass arranger Leslie Gilreath. It mentions Bocook as one of his teachers, though.

Bocook will be a consultant and provide input on the music book. Gilreath is the primary composer

13 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Master and apprentice!

So... Jay is not arranging.