Staff merry-go-round

50 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

They’re rumors, not testimonies bound to a court of law and subject to perjury charges (even though some people around here wish they were). So save the Law & Order: Drum Corps Rumor Squad <chong! chong!> nonsense for your imagination because that’s most likely the closest thing you’re gonna get to an apology from anyone I’m afraid. 

You (not you personally) pick up one end of the stick you live with what is on the other. You spread stupid rumors that defame a person for no other reason than some sort of self-satisfaction then you also open yourself up for ridicule and should have the courtesy to come back and admit your error. Scott is a first class human that has saved not one but TWO DCI world class finalist corps in his career. To have some knucklehead(s) spreading clearly false rumors is just not defensible. Your oh-so-clever television-themed snark-laced analogy is clearly misplaced.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, seen-it-all said:

They’re rumors, not testimonies bound to a court of law and subject to perjury charges (even though some people around here wish they were). So save the Law & Order: Drum Corps Rumor Squad <chong! chong!> nonsense for your imagination because that’s most likely the closest thing you’re gonna get to an apology from anyone I’m afraid. 

yup. people take these discussion forums way too seriously

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I like the way SCV rolled out their new changes in staff.  Same with BK.  Simple and to the point.  

Appears that everything else will stay intact with the design staff, if that's the case, good for SCV as they will remain contenders for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

So I got word from a close source that Mandarins has fired their entire percussion staff.

With the rumored departure of Jackson and Shah from BK, this could be a plausible landing spot for that coveted staff and for me the Mandarins would continue their rise into the elite ranks of DCI.

A collab with Ike Jackson, Mike Jackson and Shah would be pretty amazing, Talk about Style!

1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

So I got word from a close source that Mandarins has fired their entire percussion staff.

With the rumored departure of Jackson and Shah from BK, this could be a plausible landing spot for that coveted staff and for me the Mandarins would continue their rise into the elite ranks of DCI.

A collab with Ike Jackson, Mike Jackson and Shah would be pretty amazing, Talk about Style!

Plus, the pipeline of WGI's Broken City peeps would be a huge plus.

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

So I’ve been at work today. Could someone summarize all the new staff changes?

JD Shaw and Chip Crotts are no longer at SCV (rumored that Shaw is returning to Phantom and Crotts is headed to BD but neither of those things have been announced yet). The Van Dorens (Donnie, Evan, and Katie) are joining SCV's staff as brass consultant, brass arranger, and assistant brass caption manager respectively, and Mark Nichols is stepping into the role of caption manager that Crotts filled this past year.

BAC's entire design team and group of caption heads is staying in Boston for 2020.

Most of Cadets' design staff and caption heads are new, including Jay Bocook as brass arranger, Jeff Sacktig as visual consultant, April Gilligan-Martinez as guard coordinator, Matt Stratton as brass caption head, and Denise Bonfiglio as corps director.

Kevin Shah has left Blue Knights and it is rumored that Mike Jackson has as well (possibly heading to Mandarins if the rumors of them firing their percussion staff are true?). Jay Bocook is remaining there as a consultant while Leslie Gilreath takes over most of the arranging and Keith Tye is staying as brass caption head.

Colts' brass team is staying the same, percussion is replaced mainly with Music City Mystique staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Ike Jackson, Mike Jackson? Together?

24742248_images_2284692824__89181.151828

• Like 2
  • Haha 2