Staff merry-go-round

Also, Bloo’s design team is intact.

Dr. Matt Stratton, assist. brass caption head, has moved to Cadets (good on him).

Bob Higgins, brass tech is retiring.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

So I got word from a close source that Mandarins has fired their entire percussion staff.

With the rumored departure of Jackson and Shah from BK, this could be a plausible landing spot for that coveted staff and for me the Mandarins would continue their rise into the elite ranks of DCI.

A collab with Ike Jackson, Mike Jackson and Shah would be pretty amazing, Talk about Style!

I can only assume that if Ike Jackson leaves that it will be a big change for Mandarins. Knowing Ayala's style, it is clear Ike had a huge role in designing Mandarin's shows in recent years. I can also tell that Mike Jackson has had a huge role in designing BK's shows. It is almost like they will morph into each other.

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

I can only assume that if Ike Jackson leaves that it will be a big change for Mandarins. Knowing Ayala's style, it is clear Ike had a huge role in designing Mandarin's shows in recent years. I can also tell that Mike Jackson has had a huge role in designing BK's shows. It is almost like they will morph into each other.

No IKE is the Program Coordinator at Mandarins, It was his decision to fire the Percussion staff. You would think he wouldn't make a move like that without having a replacement in mind.. 

I questioned my source about the relationship between the two and he said they are very friendly and get along. So yeah,

If Ayala and Broken City have a baby and its called Mandarins, I'm there, I'm all for it.. Crossing my fingers that they managed to get a deal done..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

No IKE is the Program Coordinator at Mandarins, It was his decision to fire the Percussion staff. You would think he wouldn't make a move like that without having a replacement in mind.. 

I questioned my source about the relationship between the two and he said they are very friendly and get along. So yeah,

If Ayala and Broken City have a baby and its called Mandarins, I'm there, I'm all for it.. Crossing my fingers that they managed to get a deal done..

It's not Mike Jackson and his team going to Mandarins...

Edited by drumcorpbc

28 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Kevin Shah has left Blue Knights and it is rumored that Mike Jackson has as well (possibly heading to Mandarins if the rumors of them firing their percussion staff are true?). Jay Bocook is remaining there as a consultant while Leslie Gilreath takes over most of the arranging and Keith Tye is staying as brass caption head.

We haven't actually seen a rumor that Mike Jackson is going to Mandarins, right? Just someone in a previous post saying "hey, that'd be cool."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

We haven't actually seen a rumor that Mike Jackson is going to Mandarins, right? Just someone in a previous post saying "hey, that'd be cool."

Right, as far as I know. It doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch though; if Mike Jackson leaves BK (which is rumored) then Mandarins are likely the only other corps in a similar competitive tier looking for a new percussion director.

9 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

if Mike Jackson leaves BK (which is rumored) then Mandarins are likely the only other corps in a similar competitive tier looking for a new percussion director.

True, but I think there are still other uncertainties. 

For example, I think Will Pitts and Rob Ferguson were pretty close. If indeed Pitts isn't around, does Ferguson stay? If indeed Pitts isn't around, was it a recent decision? That could delay other design hire decisions. 

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

True, but I think there are still other uncertainties. 

For example, I think Will Pitts and Rob Ferguson were pretty close. If indeed Pitts isn't around, does Ferguson stay? If indeed Pitts isn't around, was it a recent decision? That could delay other design hire decisions. 

That's true, I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Nothing's certain yet. I, for one, hope that Pitts stays with the organization in some capacity while Shaw takes over as brass arranger.

47 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

That makes sense. His vision is why Mandarins are what they are. I just assumed he had more control over the percussion staff because if his background.