Staff merry-go-round

Will Pitts just posted on FB.

"Thank you, Regiment.  SUTA"

9 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Legit curiosity... how does an old school feet guy operate in the current staging environment? Is it still essentially the same teaching philosophy?

I'm less concerned with his cleaning ability than his teaching style. 

Wasn't he at spirit recently? Anyone who was familiar with him there will probably be a better source than me, since it's been 15+ years since my opinion was formed. DCI is different now.

WP played a big role in fostering a positive culture at phantom regiment, and I would not like to see that change. I missed the part of the article that showed caption heads. Looks like Courtney Allyson Mills is caption head as well. She is EXCELLENT!

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Legit curiosity... how does an old school feet guy operate in the current staging environment? Is it still essentially the same teaching philosophy?

I think where he’ll really help is just making sure that whatever movement they do is uniform and still looks good. Even in this day of ramps and pedestals, corps still march and I would hope that keeping that looking clean still counts for something. Tony thinks up all the crazy stuff and Bob helps the marchers pull it off. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

I'm less concerned with his cleaning ability than his teaching style. 

Wasn't he at spirit recently? Anyone who was familiar with him there will probably be a better source than me, since it's been 15+ years since my opinion was formed. DCI is different now.

WP played a big role in fostering a positive culture at phantom regiment, and I would not like to see that change. I missed the part of the article that showed caption heads. Looks like Courtney Allyson Mills is caption head as well. She is EXCELLENT!

That’s a valid point. Hopefully their new staff coordinator can help maintain a positive balance. (I personally had a run-in or two with him. But I still think that, in the end, we were a better corps with him there.)

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

I’ll leave this right here

https://regiment.org/2020-design-staff/

WOO. Very excited for what's to come, placements be dam*ed

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, year1buick said:

That’s a valid point. Hopefully their new staff coordinator can help maintain a positive balance. (I personally had a run-in or two with him. But I still think that, in the end, we were a better corps with him there.)

You had a run in with David Warren?  He gets along with EVERYONE.

(In speaking and writing English in the other 49 American states outside of Texas, pronouns revert back to the last mentioned person or noun, right?)

20 minutes ago, wonker said:

Will Pitts just posted on FB.

"Thank you, Regiment.  SUTA"

Interesting. Appears he didn't know he was being let go. Just after the season he cheekily posted to the haters that he's here to stay 

Anyways, I wish he stayed on as an instructor or tech. I've heard good things about his impact on the overall environment at Phantom. With the right role he would've been great at phantom 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

You had a run in with David Warren?  He gets along with EVERYONE.

(In speaking and writing English in the other 49 American states outside of Texas, pronouns revert back to the last mentioned person or noun, right?)

Don’t you start... :)