Staff merry-go-round

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

Bob Smith returning! Clean feet again. 

The judges still watch for clean feet?

I thought they were interested in how the props moved across the field and what pretty shapes you make with them.  Bonus points for being able to place soloists and entire sections on them. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Anyways, I wish he stayed on as an instructor or tech. I've heard good things about his impact on the overall environment at Phantom. With the right role he would've been great at phantom 

Ay Dios Mio.  You were always complaining about him on here. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Interesting. Appears he didn't know he was being let go. Just after the season he cheekily posted to the haters that he's here to stay 

Anyways, I wish he stayed on as an instructor or tech. I've heard good things about his impact on the overall environment at Phantom. With the right role he would've been great at phantom 

I suspect he was just waiting until the official announcement. 

I hate that he's having to leave the corps that he loves, though I think he wasn't a fit for the roles that he had. He was perhaps an emotional hire that was made before he was ready - and that's not entirely his fault. Sometimes it works out (e.g., Martin at Cavies), sometimes it doesn't (e.g., Pitts at Regiment) - we'll see with SCV's new arranger hire (though he's surrounded by a lot of strong designers, which will make his job a lot easier than Pitts had it). 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Continental said:

His complaints were focused on Pitts arranging. As were most peoples.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Continental said:

If you say so. 

Pitts got trashed on here regularly.  Beyond arranging. 

Lets just be up front for a minute and not rewrite history. 

Find those posts and we'll support.  From what I can recall with the "bashing," if your want to call it that, was on his arrangements.  Can't remember anything negative said about the individual as a person.  I think I read something on another site about WP but not here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Find those posts and we'll support.  From what I can recall with the "bashing," if your want to call it that, was on his arrangements.  Can't remember anything negative said about the individual as a person.  I think I read something on another site about WP but not here.  

I don’t recall anyone saying anything negative about Will other than that his arrangements weren’t complex or interesting enough for a finalist corps. I don’t think anyone dislikes Will personally.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Yup because he wasn't in the right role

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yup because he wasn't in the right role

Your reactions on here were beyond arranging.

You are talking about someone who did nothing to you.  Yet your trashed him on here.  You need to learn how to control your reactions. 

And if anyone says the most minute thing about you, you cry to the moderators. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1