Staff merry-go-round

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Yep, now that's a DESIGN TEAM! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Interesting. Appears he didn't know he was being let go. Just after the season he cheekily posted to the haters that he's here to stay 

Anyways, I wish he stayed on as an instructor or tech. I've heard good things about his impact on the overall environment at Phantom. With the right role he would've been great at phantom 

Wow. Just wow. Especially coming from you who has called for Will’s head for the entire season.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

yes, for Will it seems like the Pitts.  But does he still keep the TV gig?

Kinda tacky.

18 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Wow. Just wow. Especially coming from you who has called for Will’s head for the entire season.

Yep, and if he was still in the Program Coordinator/Brass arranger position, I still would be. Judging by what xandandl said, it seems you and Continental have misunderstood my position due to the fact that I don't mince my words so I'll try to be more clear: just because I do not feel like WP was not fit for the roles he was in does not mean I dislike him as a person or want him out of the corps entirely. Those are assumptions and ridiculous leaps in logic to make. 

I watch every single vlog/post/video that comes out from the Phantom Regiment social media, I can see the positive impact he makes on the corps without even being in the corps. My position has always been from the beginning that in the right role, he'd be a net positive for the corps. But in the roles he was in for the past couple years, he was not, in my opinion, a net positive. To blindly follow someone due to their loyalty to a corps without acknowledging their shortcomings is not my style, and I'm sorry that I offend you because of that. 

That is all I have to say on it, if you want to further air your grievances, be my guest, but you will not be getting a response from me unless it's a PM. I am moving on to focus on 2020 with this new design team that I am VERY excited about :thumbup:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yep, and if he was still in the Program Coordinator/Brass arranger position, I still would be. Judging by what xandandl said, it seems you and Continental have misunderstood my position due to the fact that I don't mince my words so I'll try to be more clear: just because I do not feel like WP was not fit for the roles he was in does not mean I dislike him as a person or want him out of the corps entirely. Those are assumptions and ridiculous leaps in logic to make. 

I watch every single vlog/post/video that comes out from the Phantom Regiment social media, I can see the positive impact he makes on the corps without even being in the corps. My position has always been from the beginning that in the right role, he'd be a net positive for the corps. But in the roles he was in for the past couple years, he was not, in my opinion, a net positive. To blindly follow someone due to their loyalty to a corps without acknowledging their shortcomings is not my style, and I'm sorry that I offend you because of that. 

That is all I have to say on it, if you want to further air your grievances, be my guest, but you will not be getting a response from me unless it's a PM. I am moving on to focus on 2020 with this new design team that I am VERY excited about :thumbup:

Your condescending nature is like the proverbial fingernails on a chalkboard... there is no misconstruing what you have posted here. You have had a basic dislike of what Will has done for the corps....since day one. Please direct me to a post of yours that said Will would be a net positive? You say you didn’t attack him personally??? Saying he’s unfit to arrange music, unfit for this or that? Really? Well sir/madam, you just flunked the first test in the Dale Carnegie School of how to win friends and influence people.  No question that was a poor choice of words for someone who you (think) is s good guy but I’m sure you two will go out for beers and discuss your postings in the off season. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, wonker said:

Will Pitts just posted on FB.

"Thank you, Regiment.  SUTA"

In many ways I feel bad about the situation. I did not find his arrangements as horrible as some who post on the site have, but I do agree the arrangements were not “Phantom Regiment.” I do feel that Will Pitts will land with both feet on the ground. He could even be exactly what another corps needs. It would not be the first time a different situation yields different results.

• Like 3