Staff merry-go-round

30 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hope the one I heard Saturday is untrue.  

i've heard 20. i'll guess less than half are true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatbrassboy said:

True, but they have always been respected as a beautiful, elegant, powerful and excellent guard. This year, not so much.

But light years ahead of last year, at lest in my humble opinion.

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Touching on your point, what  I have found over the years is inaccurate name dropping. Often you will hear a name mentioned. The person knows the name, and why the person is significant in the activity. They may have a connection such as Facebook. However they have probably never met the person, or if they have, the conversation would not include confidential information. Then this same person goes to a show, or gets on DCP or Reddit and makes the most outlandish claim, which is not in keeping with the person’s character. What they fail to realize is that there is a name for it: slander.

it's why I like the nothing til Labor Day rule. too many inaccurate things have been posted everywhere. In some cases, it hurt people

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, Cappybara said:

Agreed. Stories are cute, but they get tiresome year after year. Just look at Phantom, many got tired of their damsel in distress streak of shows from 2011-2014. 

But I say this as someone who appreciates the esoteric and intellectual. 

I would argue it is how they are telling that story. The music, for one, did not draw me in. I felt that ideas were not developed or realized to make an impact.  I would say that BD has a formula that is somewhat repetitive yet they manage to keep it fresh and at an extremely high level of performance.  

1 hour ago, BeachBum said:

I guess this is what they mean by "The Cadets are going to clean house"

😬 https://yea.org/cadets/staff

Prospective members and parents read the site and it could be misleading to list 2019 contracted staff for 2020 prospects 

A best practice if you ask me 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Prospective members and parents read the site and it could be misleading to list 2019 contracted staff for 2020 prospects 

A best practice if you ask me 

Wouldn't you say they know some?  And could list some?  Or wait to recruit until you can let MMs (and their parents?) know what to expect.  seems like "a best practice" is selling a pig in a poke.   Unless, "just being a Cadet" is enough of an enticement to attract the best and the brightest.

Currently only Cadets, Blue Knights, and Blue Stars (of the top 12) do not have their staff listed on their web pages.  (I'm not sure BK did at all this year, but had articles listing their staff).  I think I saw the BS had removed their staff listing earlier this month (or even sometime last month).  Cadets staff was listed as recently as yesterday.

And Cadets are the only one of the 12 (am I wrong?) currently recruiting next year's members.  (at least on their web pages, have not looked at Facebook pages.)

YEA does list Corps Director, Corps Manager, and Tour Manger for the Cadets.