Staff merry-go-round

28 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Currently only Cadets, Blue Knights, and Blue Stars (of the top 12) do not have their staff listed on their web pages.  (I'm not sure BK did at all this year, but had articles listing their staff).  I think I saw the BS had removed their staff listing earlier this month (or even sometime last month).  Cadets staff was listed as recently as yesterday.

And Cadets are the only one of the 12 (am I wrong?) currently recruiting next year's members.  (at least on their web pages, have not looked at Facebook pages.)

YEA does list Corps Director, Corps Manager, and Tour Manger for the Cadets.

The end of the last BD360 for this year (posted today?)  has a recruiting message at the very end...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

The end of the last BD360 for this year (posted today?)  has a recruiting message at the very end...

Didn't see that, but I'm guessing their staff (as listed) will be pretty much the same next year.  So the recruits (and their parents) will have some fair understanding of what they will be getting into.

15 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Didn't see that, but I'm guessing their staff (as listed) will be pretty much the same next year.  So the recruits (and their parents) will have some fair understanding of what they will be getting into.

Just like recruits considering a corps where it says staff will be announced soon  / full disclosure 

2 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Currently only Cadets, Blue Knights, and Blue Stars (of the top 12) do not have their staff listed on their web pages.  (I'm not sure BK did at all this year, but had articles listing their staff).  I think I saw the BS had removed their staff listing earlier this month (or even sometime last month).  Cadets staff was listed as recently as yesterday.

And Cadets are the only one of the 12 (am I wrong?) currently recruiting next year's members.  (at least on their web pages, have not looked at Facebook pages.)

Cavaliers have auditions posted on Facebook as well as the audition section of their website. Besides their normal auditions in Illinois/Texas/Georgia (also Brass auditions in Japan assuming this is a Kevin thing since he does brass for Aimachi). Theyve also added auditions this year for Guard in Florida and brass and percussion in Indiana also California. Of course video auditions as well.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Blue Stars rolled out a new web site design sometime over the last few months and have not had a staff link since. There is a staff page available if you search for it, but it appears to have never been populated with names. I don't think anything was pulled down today, just never posted. 

Just now, mcjordansc said:

Blue Stars rolled out a new web site design sometime over the last few months and have not had a staff link since. There is a staff page available if you search for it, but it appears to have never been populated with names. I don't think anything was pulled down today, just never posted. 

Ok, I know I saw it at one time earlier, but could not find it last week.  I think I found the page, but it was as you said blank.  Hope they populate it as the new season takes shape.

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavaliers have auditions posted on Facebook as well as the audition section of their website. Besides their normal auditions in Illinois/Texas/Georgia (also Brass auditions in Japan assuming this is a Kevin thing since he does brass for Aimachi). Theyve also added auditions this year for Guard in Florida and brass and percussion in Indiana also California. Of course video auditions as well.

Smart, they need to capitalize on their successful season. It's reminds me of where they were after the 1998 season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeachBum said:

I guess this is what they mean by "The Cadets are going to clean house"

😬 https://yea.org/cadets/staff

yup. they take it all down until they have it finalized. like many corps do

On 8/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, Algernon said:

The Cadets Director change is a done deal. Denise is cleaning house. Wouldn't be surprised if Tom Aungst & Neil Larivee are the only Senior Staff/Design returning.

Not a bad thing.

Who she is able to bring in/coax & beg  to come back remains to be seen.

I wouldn't be opposed to new blood -  those more on the cutting edge of the activity. After all this is what made the Cadets the Cadets...

I’m hearing both version:

1.  Everyone gone

2. Percussion staff only staying but heard Aungst in will be Corps Director .....

• Like 1