Staff merry-go-round

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

They had their lowest placement since the last time they missed finals, and have pretty much been falling for several years, maybe the ship hasn’t sunk but it’s certainty sinking, and Pitts has had enough time to develop, IMO.

Yup. He's had his chance and his arrangements have only gotten marginally better. It's time for new blood. I found Don Hill's arrangements more appealing. 

I'm not sure who they'd hire but Will Pitts isn't the answer, ESPECIALLY as program coordinator 

• Like 1

The Cadets Director change is a done deal. Denise is cleaning house. Wouldn't be surprised if Tom Aungst & Neil Larivee are the only Senior Staff/Design returning.

Not a bad thing.

Who she is able to bring in/coax & beg  to come back remains to be seen.

I wouldn't be opposed to new blood -  those more on the cutting edge of the activity. After all this is what made the Cadets the Cadets...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

What this page is really for 

Branden Hill (Facebook)

As we step off the field and back to our civilian lives, I have made the decision to step away from my role as Brass Caption Manager at the Cadets. It has been a phenomenal journey since 2017, and I cannot wait to see how the Cadets continue to impact our community. I will always cherish our time together and the relationships built over the seasons. It has been an honor to work along side some of the best educators in our profession. Thank you for showing this Madison Scout what it means to be a Cadet. 

“The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come.” 

#thisiswater #cadetsbrass #cadets2019 #keepmovingforward #beautifulchapter

What is the difference between "brass caption head" and "brass caption manager"? When I marched we had a guy we called brass caption head, who was in front of the hornline almost every day (Gino). What's a manager? Does it involve arranging?

Bluecoats have both a "Brass Caption Head" and "Brass Caption Manager"

Edited by FTNK

Boston needs someone to temper the current teams penchant for the obvious and lend a bit of intellectual. Their creative team that came from Crown was tempered by the Klesch/Hannum/Harloff sensibilities. Doesn't appear to be the case with the current composition of Boston design team.

Also someone who can only count to 8 when picking the snare line.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Boston needs someone to temper the current teams penchant for the obvious and lend a bit of intellectual. Their creative team that came from Crown was tempered by the Klesch/Hannum/Harloff sensibilities. Doesn't appear to be the case with the current composition of Boston design team.

Also someone who can only count to 8 when picking the snare line.

Agreed. Stories are cute, but they get tiresome year after year. Just look at Phantom, many got tired of their damsel in distress streak of shows from 2011-2014. 

But I say this as someone who appreciates the esoteric and intellectual. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Algernon said:

The Cadets Director change is a done deal. Denise is cleaning house. Wouldn't be surprised if Tom Aungst & Neil Larivee are the only Senior Staff/Design returning.

Not a bad thing.

I wouldn't be opposed to new blood -  those more on the cutting edge of the activity. After all this is what made the Cadets the Cadets...

so Denise has the power to fire the director? Wow, didn't see that in her job description

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Not a bad thing.

In what world does a staff coordinator have authority over a corps director? Isn't a staff coordinator hired by the corps director to put the educational staff in place?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3