Staff merry-go-round

56 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Whatever.......I really hope they prove you wrong.

A Shaw/Pitts collaboration on arranging? Interesting.

I can't believe there is a rumor that JD Shaw is returning to Regiment, and you're down on it out of some bizarre loyalty to Pitts.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Pitts being in a weak program coordinator role. But them collaborating in arranging? That'd be destined for failure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

He was referring to Adam Sage, and I don't disagree with him. Though he's lightyears ahead of what Regiment has been doing guard/visually. 

Ah I missed that bit of context. Yeah I haven't found his recent guards to stand out in any way but PR desperately needs some fresh eyes on the visual end of things 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

Most interesting to me at the moment is who lured Mike Jackson and his team away from BK. Adding that percussion to a top 6 team would be a tasty proposition. 

I love Colin, but he isn't the reigning WGI champion. And their (Broken city) style and influence on the musical direction would be a welcome change to the East coast.

The Cadets. 

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The Cadets. 

That would mean Tom's departure.. Which may, be plausible if Tom took offense to being stepped over and letting go of Darcie after one season.. 

But i would imagine Tom doesn't want the position of Corps director with his commitments to Dartmouth. and the Percussion were their strongest section last year. 

PR and Marketing personnel have got to be working overtime this weekend getting those press releases ready next Tuesday.

Just now, Glenn426 said:

That would mean Tom's departure.. Which may, be plausible if Tom took offense to being stepped over and letting go of Darcie after one season.. 

But i would imagine Tom doesn't want the position of Corps director with his commitments to Dartmouth. and the Percussion were their strongest section last year. 

PR and Marketing personnel have got to be working overtime this weekend getting those press releases ready next Tuesday.

The "rumor" is Aungst as corps director. I'm skeptical but this off-season has been a little crazier than usual rumor wise so who knows 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Maybe it's on the job training for WP. 

Should he need that if he’s a “top” arranger?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I can't believe there is a rumor that JD Shaw is returning to Regiment, and you're down on it out of some bizarre loyalty to Pitts.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Pitts being in a weak program coordinator role. But them collaborating in arranging? That'd be destined for failure. 

Whoa. Who said I’m down on that idea? Again, my words are being misconstrued. Not sure if it’s by accident or intentional. 

Please explain why this collaboration would be a disaster???? 

My loyalty to Will Pitts is my business isn’t it? I think he has represented himself and the Regiment well. Some feel a Pitts/Shaw collaboration would be beneficial. I’m hopeful these are not just rumors. JD could certainly show Will the ropes on arranging for this iteration of drum corps. I have a lot of respect for both JD and Will.

Edited by Sutasaurus

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Whoa. Who said I’m down on that idea? Again, my words are being misconstrued. Not sure if it’s by accident or intentional. 

Please explain why this collaboration would be a disaster???? 

My loyalty to Will Pitts is my business isn’t it? I think he has represented himself and the Regiment well. Some feel a Pitts/Shaw collaboration would be beneficial. I’m hopeful these are not just rumors. JD could certainly show Will the ropes on arranging for this iteration of drum corps. I have a lot of respect for both JD and Will.

If Will Pitts has been the arranger for the past several years, would t it be a slap in the face to need a babysitter?

• Like 1