Staff merry-go-round

1 minute ago, seen-it-all said:

If only there was a way to avoid reading stuff that you know will just make you angry. I wonder how that’s even possible. I mean, I guess you can just ignore the thread each year, but that’s just crazy talk! 🤪

You mean take ownership for one's actions?

Are  you from la la land?

1 hour ago, Continental said:

You mean take ownership for one's actions?

Are  you from la la land?

The people that need to take ownership are those in this thread spreading private or false information. My or anyone ignoring the thread doesn’t do much to change the harmful dynamic. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BlueHangers said:

Excited for Tuesday to see all the staff changes! Some I’ve heard are pretty shocking! Will be interesting to see how everyone survives the transitions. 

Agreed a big year for moves 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:51 AM, George Dixon said:

we are in silly season - Cadets hardly need a "huge upswing in percussion" as you state

Nope. And a lot of the planned changes have been in the works for a while 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Thank you for the clarification. For some reason I remember it as The Forest City Rangers.

Interestingly, Alex Haddad (who started our corps after resigning as the Director of the St. Thomas Crusaders DBC - the "band" of the all-male high school in Rockford operated by the Augustinian order with an all-female guard drawn from the all-girl school nearby, Bishop Muldoon) originally chose Rockford Rangers as the corps' name. The Rangers was a reference to Rockford's image as the Forest City because of the proliferation of elm trees throughout the city.

The all-female guard (which included Mr. Haddad's 2 daughters) was to be known as the Rangerettes.

Some members of the new corps thought outside the box and approached Mr. Haddad with the name Phantom Regiment. The story is that Mike Gallagher and Jim Wren were listening to DBC recordings and discovered a Leroy Anderson song called "The Phantom Regiment" played by the Syracuse Brigadiers. . Alex agreed, the corps became Phantom Regiment and the guard became the Phantomettes.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

OMG - I agree with you.

I better buy a lottery ticket. 

Where's the guy the with "I don't always agree with Cappybara, but when I do, it's completely" meme? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1956OPR said:

Interestingly, Alex Haddad (who started our corps after resigning as the Director of the St. Thomas Crusaders DBC - the "band" of the all-male high school in Rockford operated by the Augustinian order with an all-female guard drawn from the all-girl school nearby, Bishop Muldoon) originally chose Rockford Rangers as the corps' name. The Rangers was a reference to Rockford's image as the Forest City because of the proliferation of elm trees throughout the city.

The all-female guard (which included Mr. Haddad's 2 daughters) was to be known as the Rangerettes.

Some members of the new corps thought outside the box and approached Mr. Haddad with the name Phantom Regiment. The story is that Mike Gallagher and Jim Wren were listening to DBC recordings and discovered a Leroy Anderson song called "The Phantom Regiment" played by the Syracuse Brigadiers. . Alex agreed, the corps became Phantom Regiment and the guard became the Phantomettes.  

Thank you so much. I hope others enjoy hearing this bit of history as much as I have.

You probably already know that I came in during the Bob and Peg Stollberg era. Between the Fays, Neffs, Frys, Kistings, Farrell’s to name several we were always surrounded by family. I can’t begin to tell you how much this organization means to me.

I’m proud to be part of such a legacy. SUTA

But I digress.... Let’s get this thread back on track! Anxious to here what changes are coming down the pike for everyone.

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN!!!! 

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1