Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, JustEnjoyIt said:

The Blue Knights stuff is what's scaring me. I've loved them so much the past few years. I know great things will still come from them, but I really love the direction they've been and hope it continues.

You got that right.  Wish they could have kept it going a few more years.  They’ll still put out a good product next year, it will just be different.  I just wish drum corps staffs weren’t so incestuous and flighty.  Hard for the kids to stay motivated when the instructional staff bails out every year.  This is one of the reasons that I probably won’t buy another ticket after my kids stop marching.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight, Cadets better be announcing their 2020 production as Volume 3 or I'm going to be severely disgruntled. It's not too late to make it a trilogy. It's never too late.



I do also kinda hope this countdown leads to the announcement of an upcoming announcement. At midnight: "The Cadets are proud to announce that staff announcements will happen in two weeks! Be prepared!"

Edited by JustEnjoyIt
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JustEnjoyIt said:

Tonight, Cadets better be announcing their 2020 production as Volume 3 or I'm going to be severely disgruntled. It's not too late to make it a trilogy. It's never too late.



I do also kinda hope this countdown leads to the announcement of an upcoming announcement. At midnight: "The Cadets are proud to announce that staff announcements will happen in two weeks! Be prepared!"

12:01am:

Behold! Our new food truck!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Behold! Our new food truck!

"Some changes have been needed for far too long. We need things that will move us forward. We've made changes now that I think will be welcomed by the entire Cadets family. We've made some big moves with this.


Or should I say... big movers. Welcome two new buses to the Cadets family!"



Alright back on topic. I'm just repressing my BK fears still.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

You got that right.  Wish they could have kept it going a few more years.  They’ll still put out a good product next year, it will just be different.  I just wish drum corps staffs weren’t so incestuous and flighty.  Hard for the kids to stay motivated when the instructional staff bails out every year.  This is one of the reasons that I probably won’t buy another ticket after my kids stop marching.

That bothers me, too but someone told me 17 years ago that “loyalty has legs”. It’s always kind of been that way.  I was in Guardsmen three seasons and we had three different drill writers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JustEnjoyIt said:

The Blue Knights stuff is what's scaring me.

From a very reliable source! Jay Bocook will return as the Brass Composer/Arranger. He will also be doing Cadets. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Denise Bonfiglio and the Cadets the best. Should be interesting to see what direction Cadets take. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

You got that right.  Wish they could have kept it going a few more years.  They’ll still put out a good product next year, it will just be different.  I just wish drum corps staffs weren’t so incestuous and flighty.  Hard for the kids to stay motivated when the instructional staff bails out every year.  This is one of the reasons that I probably won’t buy another ticket after my kids stop marching.

This is a big problem with the drum corps activity today, both staff and members are flight risks. BITD staff and members stayed with their corps for many years. Somehow DCI needs to figure out a way to incentivize members and staff to stay with their present corps. I would love to see some kind of out of town recruiting restriction. I is just ridiculous that so many corps are holding tryouts clear across the country. Rationalize the activity and recruit locally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you and Stephan having a watch party tonight? As I mentioned to you at the JW, Stephan needs to add more tequila to his margaritas! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Are you and Stephan having a watch party tonight? As I mentioned to you at the JW, Stephan needs to add more toquilla to his margaritas! 

Oh we have been hearing a lot this evening, and the margaritas are taking the edge off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.