Staff merry-go-round

2 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Did I bring up victimhood? No, I didn’t. 

It's also important to note that individuals may not be bothered by a lack of diversity, but that doesn't mean the lack of diversity is okay for everyone. 

I'm a straight white dude. I get that I don't have experiences that a lot of others have. That something doesn't bother me doesn't mean that it's not important.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I find calling out a corps for (unintentionally?) having an all male staff ridiculous but not striving to diversify the teaching ranks ridiculous. Representation matters.,

But, there's no evidence that they didn't "strive".  So why are they catching heck?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I find calling out a corps for (unintentionally?) having an all male staff ridiculous but not striving to diversify the teaching ranks ridiculous. Representation matters.,

Perhaps examine your own offhand chauvinism. If representation matters add the LGBTTQQIAAP community. No need leaving some people out. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I have a novel idea. How about the person that is best qualified for the position regardless of what naughty parts they have or what type of naughty parts the choose to engage with is selected. Isn't that the definition of equality, you know, actually looking at someone based on their qualifications?

No one is disputing that. 

• Like 1