Spirit of Atlanta 2020

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

Oh, I thought you were looking for examples of musical identity and I used examples of distinctive musical sound rather than repertoire. What exactly is “Southern Jazz”? Is that a recognized genre? Examples outside our niche activity?

I dunno.  Ask the guy who first mentioned Southern Jazz and said he thinks SOA needs to have an "identity"  

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

I dunno.  Ask the guy who first mentioned Southern Jazz and said he thinks SOA needs to have an "identity"  

I appreciate their past but I don’t think it can or should be recreated. I think their shows from the last three seasons have captured that classic Spirit swagger and audience engagement while remaining relevant and giving the members a fun show to perform. That other poster described ‘19 as “messy” I don’t think “messy” nearly makes finals lol. I thought it was more of a party atmosphere and that’s what engaged me. The members’ performance sold me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is supposed to be a video on this link. Can't seem to make it work. Sorry!

Edited by CrownBariDad
Trying to show video

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Some older looking brass players.

Alumni brass, too.