I think I saw a t-shirt speculator get burned last night....

My wife and I were walking down South Street outside LOS last night after retreat ( and some time with our son in the lot) . All of a sudden a van pulls up to the curb behind us, two young guys get out , open the sliding door, grab a large PVC storage container and open it. It was full of folded t-shirts but one unfurled and we could clearly see “Bluecoats” on it. 

One of the two dudes starts stuffing these t-shirts en masse into one of the street garbage containers. Probably 30-40 shirts. Maybe more. And then off they drive. 

It was late and we were tired but I feel like an idiot for not retrieving one from the trash bin to see what it was. 

I had a friend at the Cavaliers Awards banquet suggest that perhaps t-shirt speculators may have printed up 2019 DCI Champions shirts for Bluecoats fans to sell as fans left the stadium. 

Anyone else see anything like this? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

My wife and I were walking down South Street outside LOS last night after retreat ( and some time with our son in the lot) . All of a sudden a van pulls up to the curb behind us, two young guys get out , open the sliding door, grab a large PVC storage container and open it. It was full of folded t-shirts but one unfurled and we could clearly see “Bluecoats” on it. 

One of the two dudes starts stuffing these t-shirts en masse into one of the street garbage containers. Probably 30-40 shirts. Maybe more. And then off they drive. 

It was late and we were tired but I feel like an idiot for not retrieving one from the trash bin to see what it was. 

I had a friend at the Cavaliers Awards banquet suggest that perhaps t-shirt speculators may have printed up 2019 DCI Champions shirts for Bluecoats fans to sell as fans left the stadium. 

Anyone else see anything like this? 

Deja vu all over again. 

Image result for dewey defeats truman

• Haha 3

I think this is very common for sporting events, so why not for DCI? Although, I don’t understand stuffing them in a city trash can. 

By the way, warmest congratulations to your son. His leadership no doubt played a vital role in The Cavaliers' successes this season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr.Mickey said:

I think this is very common for sporting events, so why not for DCI? Although, I don’t understand stuffing them in a city trash can. 

Some charity in the Indy area could use them.  Doesn't DCI have a charity set up in the parking lot before the end of finals awards to collect the gear the mm don't want anymore?

• Like 1

If that is what they were, dumb to not try to sell them (obviously, an illegal t-shirt sale is the same regardless of what is printed on them). There would have been plenty of people who would buy those shirts just to wear them next year at finals. 

Edited by mcjordansc