The Boston Crusaders 2020. Eighty Years Strong.

Go forth and Conquest. ••|•|•••

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFQqSDeLmjwfVv2AmkUrt

• Like 6

Boston’s Guard was the first Corps to repeat since the Cadets did it in 93/94, other than the Devils who have had two separate streaks of 3 or more. 

If Boston can threepeat they will join BD as the only ones to ever do it looking at records back through 1972.  They only have about 5 ageouts so they at least have a fighting chance going into the off season.  

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 7

I disagree.  The champions just had tap shoes in the their hands like puppets and they also played modern pop music...talk about cheese.  and that won. The entire Bloo Beatles production was a cheesy show.  they had a bow and encore.   I think the design team knows what they are doing.

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder how much of an impact the results from this year and the direction that those in the top of the activity will have on the design process, philosophy, and direction the corps takes for this year...

There is such a fine line between maintaining your identity, and following the latest trends.

This guard needs a vehicle to strive, A character to portray, but some concessions might have to be made in how simple the music is for example.. 

Some more investment into Electronics and the Reinforcement of sound has to be made. Electronics have to be woven into the fabric of the design of the show to be effective and compete in the music captions.. 

The number one thing to take away from BD, SCV and Bluecoats is that the Transition is everything.. The Top 3 have figured out that there is never a time out in a show.. There is always something to watch, always something to enjoy. The old times of having both the Hornline and Guard transition to something new at the same time are gone.. BD has mastered this, always setting up their next moment while the previous moment is happening.. A Pit transition where both the guard and Hornline and Battery are transitioning to the next thing is Death blow to your GE. Avoid it at all Costs.. 

Finding a theme to weave all of these together is tricky and its why these Program Coordinators at the top of this activity are the most in-demand designers in our activity...

I would like the Corps to acknowledge the 80th year off the field with special Jackets for the members and the Souvies should absolutely make a marketing scheme out of 80. But the on the field product should be free of any tribute unless subtle or extremely fresh and effective ideas that would work with the overall theme of the show.

I want the 80th year to be remembered as the first year that Boston Medals in its history in DCI.

I know the board wants this too.

Work Hard and hold nothing back in making that happen...

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Ghost said:

Off season may be even busier than it was prior to the 15 season for celebrations next year.  Maybe Tanglewood again.

Loved BAC and Devs together at Tanglewood and BAC w/ Boston Pops Esplanade July 4th Concert. Hopefully something similar will be in the plans and perhaps fit in a Harbor cruise for the MMs.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Den8uml said:

Boston’s Guard was the first Corps to repeat since the Cadets did it in 93/94, other than the Devils who have had two separate streaks of 3 or more. 

If Boston can threepeat they will join BD as the only ones to ever do it looking at records back through 1972.  They only have about 5 ageouts so they at least have a fighting chance going into the off season.  

Congratulations BACCG! Very proud of your talent and work... keep it going. Inspire!!

• Like 4

Did Boston have  a smaller Age-Out class this yr?  TY

I miss Brasso!