The Boston Crusaders 2020. Eighty Years Strong.

$1,000,000 Capital Campaign Goal

$1,000,000
$450,000

To celebrate the Boston Crusaders 80th anniversary in 2020, the Board of Directors has launched an unprecedented $1,000,000 capital campaign to position the corps for championship-level success over the coming decades. Members of the board have committed funds to secure $450,000 of the $1,000,000 campaign goal.

A gathering recently occurred of BAC 80th volunteers,  post Golf Tourney & BOD meeting,  to get things underway.  Nothing really done as yet other than to have an early thank you and get people committing to help over then next number of months.  More help is always welcome.  Alumni are you hearing this?  Reach out.  ANY amount of help is appreciated from any era.  No matter how you may feel about today's drum corps there are few who have lasted this long (and in Boston;'s case gone through as much).  Let's help celebrate 80 years.  Visit the corps website and volunteer for something.

• Like 1

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2019/10/boston-crusaders-welcome-kevin-shah-mike-jackson-and-more-for-2020/

THE BAC BOD does it again!!!

Huge news for the Corps as a whole, Not just the percussion. I figure that their style will have an influence on some of the Music and programming they do to incorporate and bring some of that signature Mike Jackson and Kevin Shah style that have made Broken City such a success in recent years.

I really like that the BOD is tackling their weaknesses head on and addressing them right away with the exact thing that they needed, a fresh style change to the writing and they are getting it from the trendsetters in the activity.

BRAVO!!!!

I can wait to see what this team puts together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2019/10/boston-crusaders-welcome-kevin-shah-mike-jackson-and-more-for-2020/

Huge news for the Corps as a whole, Not just the percussion. I figure that their style will have an influence on some of the Music and programming they do to incorporate and bring some of that signature Mike Jackson and Kevin Shah style that have made Broken City such a success in recent years.

I really like that the BOD is tackling their weaknesses head on and addressing them right away with the exact thing that they needed, a fresh style change to the writing and they are getting it from the trendsetters in the activity.

BRAVO!!!!

Two more accomplished names on the BAC staff roster!!

1 hour ago, pbeau said:

Two more accomplished names on the BAC staff roster!!

and Sam Ambrose is another Cadets alum Gino has added to his flock. I hope Mike Jackson can be as musical with the percussion writing as he was in Denver.

Edited by xandandl

8 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

BRAVO!!!!

talk about contrasting styles

Colin's strengths are being the guy who is there every day on tour with the guys leading the group to get the best out of the kids...

Don't think its been in the writing, especially after last year.

When we visited in Buffalo, the staff and lead field guys all knew my wife from the Cadet days and they kept on saying to her, "It's not about how many notes you play anymore, its all about being perfect." So they knew by that point that they needed to go in a new direction,

The New Trend is what Mike Jackson and Kevin Shah created over the years at Broken City.. I'm sure Colin and the field guys will use this as a learning experience to get some inside information on the stylistic choices that the Broken City team make and that will help Colin and the guys on their own future endeavors in the Winter arena.... 

My hope is that Mike and Kevin are included in the Design meetings so that their influence can be felt not only in the drum Writing but stylistically in the music and staging choices made overall in the show..  A Departure from in your face Ryan George/ Jay Bocook still and more subtle, woven layered styled pieces that have been the imprint of the top 3 groups the last couple of years.. 

MY hope is that Colin and the existing team will just worry about getting the kids to perform the music and leave the Broken City guys to design and heavily influence the book and overall design of the show.