The Boston Crusaders 2020. Eighty Years Strong.

3 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Colin's strengths are being the guy who is there every day on tour with the guys leading the group to get the best out of the kids...

Don't think its been in the writing, especially after last year.

When we visited in Buffalo, the staff and lead field guys all knew my wife from the Cadet days and they kept on saying to her, "It's not about how many notes you play anymore, its all about being perfect." So they knew by that point that they needed to go in a new direction,

The New Trend is what Mike Jackson and Kevin Shah created over the years at Broken City.. I'm sure Colin and the field guys will use this as a learning experience to get some inside information on the stylistic choices that the Broken City team make and that will help Colin and the guys on their own future endeavors in the Winter arena.... 

My hope is that Mike and Kevin are included in the Design meetings so that their influence can be felt not only in the drum Writing but stylistically in the music and staging choices made overall in the show..  A Departure from in your face Ryan George/ Jay Bocook still and more subtle, woven layered styled pieces that have been the imprint of the top 3 groups the last couple of years.. 

MY hope is that Colin and the existing team will just worry about getting the kids to perform the music and leave the Broken City guys to design and heavily influence the book and overall design of the show. 

i think the writing led to the percussion placement. too much.

15 minutes ago, craiga said:

Who the heck is Broken City?

13 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

My hope is that Mike and Kevin are included in the Design meetings so that their influence can be felt not only in the drum Writing but stylistically in the music and staging choices made overall in the show..  A Departure from in your face Ryan George/ Jay Bocook still and more subtle, woven layered styled pieces that have been the imprint of the top 3 groups the last couple of years.. 

Boston has done the in-your-face stuff very well, but to the exclusion of other types of musical effects.  If these new staff bring variety to the sound, and can widen the scope of musical effects, it will be a very good thing for the corps. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ediker said:

Boston has done the in-your-face stuff very well, but to the exclusion of other types of musical effects.  If these new staff bring variety to the sound, and can widen the scope of musical effects, it will be a very good thing for the corps. 

That is my hope and my excitement for this addition, They can affect Boston in the right ways to make them on par with the other corps in the Top 5.

Elevate the product from a very good Band Show, to a state-of-the-art Drum Corps Production.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think the writing led to the percussion placement. too much.

I think so too, And even after Allentwon when they started to water down parts the results where still the same.. Clean or not the book had doomed them.

So hard to shake placements up in the individual captions once you have a couple of Regionals under your belt..  

• Like 1

BAC just announced that ALL winter camps starting in January 2020 will be in Texas instead of Florida.  I wonder if that means we'll hear a chorus of "Texas Crusaders" this year instead of "Florida Crusaders".   :)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, craiga said:

BAC just announced that ALL winter camps starting in January 2020 will be in Texas instead of Florida.  I wonder if that means we'll hear a chorus of "Texas Crusaders" this year instead of "Florida Crusaders".   🙂

Next you'll want the Alamo?