The Boston Crusaders 2020. Eighty Years Strong.

Congrats to BAC alumnus Corey Davis on your new job as a news reporter in Philadelphia! I’m not sure if he posts here or not, but I remember watching him on the news when he was at WYFF in South Carolina a few years ago. I had no idea he marched!

https://www.dci.org/news/reporter-finds-a-new-home-in-the-city-of-brotherly-love

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Was there something other than a better financial deal to cause the switch?

Crazy how soon this happened but I think since Bluecoats 2016 show, Stanbury are on the cutting edge of costume design and Greg Logola will provide a cutting edge design compared to other offerings from Michael Cesario and FJM and Band Shoppe.

One only need to look at the very literal take on the Goliath Band Shoppe customes last year to see that to reach a higher taste level a change was needed.

I'm sure that take won't be made public but it was on people's minds in the activity. At least in my circles.. 

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've got to say I thought the Goliath uniforms were amazing!  They were thematically appropriate and fit the members incredibly well. And, the kids loved them....they told me they felt a return to the badassery for which Boston has been known. After all, not everyone has to wear baggy pajamas out there! 

I suspect that Chris Holland made the change due to negotiating a better overall package for the organization.  He can be very persuasive that way.

Looking forward to seeing what 2020 brings!

I'll agree - they did look & fit incredibly well, though not without some known problems.  The helmets caused issues all season long.  I suspect it was a combination of things that led to the change, which can happen, but in the end we trust corps leadership & have no doubt the right decisions are being made for the right reasons!  Thanks to all for all you do!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Mid winter report - 80th anniversary off-season is going well. Inaugural Winter Guard season of Inspire is off to a great start and SAC is at the top of WGI. Auditions went really well and winter camps in Texas are a plus (member demographics/camp travel cost/building relationships with great programs) a positive move, first brass clinic with members and band directors a big step forward, planning for the 80th going well events are coming together details to be announced shortly, Concert in the Park fund raising going well, new major non competitive corporate event in Boston to be announced soon, city wide youth programs going strong and continuing to expand, Music Festival sign ups are going strong and offseason Building development and Fleet preparations are progressing. Let's go!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuperSaderFan said:

Mid winter report - 80th anniversary off-season is going well. Inaugural Winter Guard season of Inspire is off to a great start and SAC is at the top of WGI. Auditions went really well and winter camps in Texas are a plus (member demographics/camp travel cost/building relationships with great programs) a positive move, first brass clinic with members and band directors a big step forward, planning for the 80th going well events are coming together details to be announced shortly, Concert in the Park fund raising going well, new major non competitive corporate event in Boston to be announced soon, city wide youth programs going strong and continuing to expand, Music Festival sign ups are going strong and offseason Building development and Fleet preparations are progressing. Let's go!

How are the Celts doing this year?  LOL.  Thanks for the update.  This is the quietest the Boston thread has been in years.  But there is a good feeling about the upcoming season.  Eat em up Boston.  80 strong.

• Like 1