Sign in to follow this  
CorpwithanS

The Boston Crusaders 2020. Eighty Years Strong.

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Did Boston have  a smaller Age-Out class this yr?  TY

I miss Brasso!

36 ageouts out of 154 members.....five ageouts in the guard, btw...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Den8uml said:

I disagree.  The champions just had tap shoes in the their hands like puppets and they also played modern pop music...talk about cheese.  and that won. The entire Bloo Beatles production was a cheesy show.  they had a bow and encore.   I think the design team knows what they are doing.

Both of them executed the "cheese" flawlessly and seamlessly though. Boston's Plinko boards and the beheading never really gelled, and the voiceover design was atrocious. Gotta get the design tight, right from the beginning! They've got great talent a great staff but things aren't quite there. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

I know the board wants this too. 

Very good points G426, but you forgot us old alumni. 🦁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CorpwithanS said:

  Hopefully something similar will be in the plans and perhaps fit in a Harbor cruise for the MMs.

Doesn't an alumni treat the corps to a harbor cruise each year they are in the area around the 4th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Doesn't an alumni treat the corps to a harbor cruise each year they are in the area around the 4th?

Hey Ghost can you count to 8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, craiga said:

36 ageouts out of 154 members.....five ageouts in the guard, btw...

Does anyone know if "david" was an ageout? That kid is one of the most solid Guard performers I've ever seen.

From the Shows I've seen on YT or FLO I did not see him make one mistake on Rifle all year.. 

If he chooses to be on the cast for Inspire's debut year in WGI they might medal right away, first year out.. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

Does anyone know if "david" was an ageout? That kid is one of the most solid Guard performers I've ever seen.

From the Shows I've seen on YT or FLO I did not see him make one mistake on Rifle all year.. 

If he chooses to be on the cast for Inspire's debut year in WGI they might medal right away, first year out.. 

His name is Anthony, I think he has one more year but don't quote me on that. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

Did Boston have  a smaller Age-Out class this yr?  TY

I miss Brasso!

I do too.  I think 42 ageouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Den8uml said:

I disagree.  The champions just had tap shoes in the their hands like puppets and they also played modern pop music...talk about cheese.  and that won. The entire Bloo Beatles production was a cheesy show.  they had a bow and encore.   I think the design team knows what they are doing.

Yeah but it was enjoyable cheese. Like fresh gouda. Voiceovers played over and over are like blue cheese left in a dumpster for 3 weeks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried about Boston figuring things out. There were a few things that fell flat story wise, but woven with moments of wow. They will be the next newest DCI champ.  I don't think we can discuss Drum Corps without cheese......yes BAC had some too.. I think every corps does.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.