The Boston Crusaders 2020. Eighty Years Strong.

5 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Did Boston have  a smaller Age-Out class this yr?  TY

I miss Brasso!

36 ageouts out of 154 members.....five ageouts in the guard, btw...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Den8uml said:

I disagree.  The champions just had tap shoes in the their hands like puppets and they also played modern pop music...talk about cheese.  and that won. The entire Bloo Beatles production was a cheesy show.  they had a bow and encore.   I think the design team knows what they are doing.

Both of them executed the "cheese" flawlessly and seamlessly though. Boston's Plinko boards and the beheading never really gelled, and the voiceover design was atrocious. Gotta get the design tight, right from the beginning! They've got great talent a great staff but things aren't quite there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CorpwithanS said:

Hopefully something similar will be in the plans and perhaps fit in a Harbor cruise for the MMs.

Doesn't an alumni treat the corps to a harbor cruise each year they are in the area around the 4th?

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Doesn't an alumni treat the corps to a harbor cruise each year they are in the area around the 4th?

Hey Ghost can you count to 8?

1 hour ago, craiga said:

36 ageouts out of 154 members.....five ageouts in the guard, btw...

Does anyone know if "david" was an ageout? That kid is one of the most solid Guard performers I've ever seen.

From the Shows I've seen on YT or FLO I did not see him make one mistake on Rifle all year.. 

If he chooses to be on the cast for Inspire's debut year in WGI they might medal right away, first year out.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

Does anyone know if "david" was an ageout? That kid is one of the most solid Guard performers I've ever seen.

From the Shows I've seen on YT or FLO I did not see him make one mistake on Rifle all year.. 

If he chooses to be on the cast for Inspire's debut year in WGI they might medal right away, first year out.. 

His name is Anthony, I think he has one more year but don't quote me on that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Den8uml said:

I disagree.  The champions just had tap shoes in the their hands like puppets and they also played modern pop music...talk about cheese.  and that won. The entire Bloo Beatles production was a cheesy show.  they had a bow and encore.   I think the design team knows what they are doing.

Yeah but it was enjoyable cheese. Like fresh gouda. Voiceovers played over and over are like blue cheese left in a dumpster for 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

I'm not worried about Boston figuring things out. There were a few things that fell flat story wise, but woven with moments of wow. They will be the next newest DCI champ.  I don't think we can discuss Drum Corps without cheese......yes BAC had some too.. I think every corps does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1