The Boston Crusaders 2020. Eighty Years Strong.


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

This isn't too far from Craiga is it? Spartans would usually do the French parade there around the time of the Feast of St. Jean Baptiste in June.

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/11/10/band-of-rookies-biddeford-high-resurrects-marching-band-program/

On the old Sound Machine drum corps discussion site, there was a man of Native American heritage (I believe and George may be his name) who worked real hard to keep the band he was involved with alive.  I'd like to say it was from Biddeford, but maybe another Maine city/town.  He may also have had some health issues back then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boston’s Guard was the first Corps to repeat since the Cadets did it in 93/94, other than the Devils who have had two separate streaks of 3 or more.  If Boston can threepeat they will join BD as

Go forth and Conquest. ••|•|•••

Bridging the generations and the distance, members of two pivotal years of the Boston Crusaders had the unique opportunity to connect over the weekend. On Saturday night, the 80th Anniversary cor

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

This isn't too far from Craiga is it? Spartans would usually do the French parade there around the time of the Feast of St. Jean Baptiste in June.

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/11/10/band-of-rookies-biddeford-high-resurrects-marching-band-program/

Boston did move-ins/spring training, whatever it's called now, in Biddeford for the 1999 and 2000 seasons They also participated in the La Kermesse Festival, that you mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Boston did move-ins/spring training, whatever it's called now, in Biddeford for the 1999 and 2000 seasons They also participated in the La Kermesse Festival, that you mentioned.

C'est bon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 9:44 PM, Barneveld said:

Boston did move-ins/spring training, whatever it's called now, in Biddeford for the 1999 and 2000 seasons They also participated in the La Kermesse Festival, that you mentioned.

Edit: never mind I googled dang it grew since 1992....

Is La Kermesse still being held? Was at work at Portsmouth early 90s and checked in night before flight home at cheapo hotel (on Route 111?) at Biddeford to be closer to airport. Then we did the festival and ground fireworks... and almost missed the flight.😰

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Edit: never mind I googled dang it grew since 1992....

Is La Kermesse still being held? Was at work at Portsmouth early 90s and checked in night before flight home at cheapo hotel (on Route 111?) at Biddeford to be closer to airport. Then we did the festival and ground fireworks... and almost missed the flight.😰

Yes. 2019 La Kermesse parade was June 21st. 2020 parade is in the works. Festivalsnet often has the info in advance.

Portland in Maine PressHerald today had a follow-up photo and video of the revived Biddeford marching band in yesterday's Portland in Maine parade.

12068126_20191111_Parade0009.jpg?fit=1024%2C741&ssl=1

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Yes. 2019 La Kermesse parade was June 21st. 2020 parade is in the works. Festivalsnet often has the info in advance.

Portland in Maine PressHerald today had a follow-up photo and video of the revived Biddeford marching band in yesterday's Portland in Maine parade.

12068126_20191111_Parade0009.jpg?fit=1024%2C741&ssl=1

Retirement travel bucket list item added.

aka: return to scene of previous “crimes” 😛
 

Still remember news item from 1992, Maine had their first multi moose car accident in 20 years. Two cars going to a wedding and first one hit a moose. Second car swerved and everyone looked back at the first car... wham #2....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

On this Friday after Thanksgiving, DCI web page is citing some news from Battalion. But didn't it all start with BAC?  Now which corps gets the TV royalties, Chris???

cf. Was that The Battalion in a Hallmark Christmas movie?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So Any audition camp news? There have been 6 one day "satellite" Camps with the big Monthly Texas Camp coming up this weekend.

Not much news or noise from many of the corps.

Anyone with some insight if the Percussion changes have increased the starting talent level? 

Any word on Vet Retention level? Especially since the Corps changed their "Home Base" for the Winter from Florida to Texas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

So Any audition camp news? There have been 6 one day "satellite" Camps with the big Monthly Texas Camp coming up this weekend.

Not much news or noise from many of the corps.

Anyone with some insight if the Percussion changes have increased the starting talent level? 

Any word on Vet Retention level? Especially since the Corps changed their "Home Base" for the Winter from Florida to Texas?

Hook 'Em let me know that Houston is to have snow this week. Is it because "Boston" will be in Texas???

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So if anyone follows Gino on IG, That Hornline is cooking! playing what will probably be a Fan Favorite Encore Tune. Sweet Caroline.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.