Prosperie and Finals

Ya I don't think anyone can call Jeff a BD shill.  Guy has been around and unlike a TON of other judges actually still plays.

• Like 2

I'm enthused by the show of support for this man.  His percussion and judging skills really are above reproach, and he's a great example of "Those who can, do and those who can't teach or judge".

All that said, his axe-catching skills suck and need definite improvement.

• Haha 3

Jeff's son performed with Louisiana Stars this year. Pretty safe to assume he'll move up to World Class at some point. Will this mean that Jeff can't judge World Class?

30 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm enthused by the show of support for this man.  His percussion and judging skills really are above reproach, and he's a great example of "Those who can, do and those who can't teach or judge".

All that said, his axe-catching skills suck and need definite improvement.

all 3 guys did a great job. they judged their sheet and the show of the day....and weren't afraid to boldly go where they weren't supposed to go

6 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Jeff's son performed with Louisiana Stars this year. Pretty safe to assume he'll move up to World Class at some point. Will this mean that Jeff can't judge World Class?

correct. When Martys son marched in WC, Marty judged a lot of OC

18 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

No, because they are assigned by DCI, I'm sure they'll not put him in any show where his son's (new) corps is competing.

EDIT:  Then again, if his son isn't in percussion, would there be harm in JP judging battery of his corps?  That's a stretch for me but maybe not for more aluminum foil hat-wearers.

D

Edited by garfield

21 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

What do you mean? He's going to be back at Phantom Regiment next year, so he can't judge anyway!

😀

16 hours ago, karuna said:

Kudos to Jeff for judging the PERFORMANCE in front of him and ignoring the rest of the season.  Too many judges make up their minds about a show early and NEVER take a fresh look at each performance.  Clearly Jeff is a judge who's willing to let the performers change his mind.  And that's the guy you want evaluating your show. 

Prosperie has BD 5th in drums in 2008, BD loses........PROSPERIE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

Prosperie has BD 1st in drums in 2019, BD wins..........PROSPERIE NEEDS TO BE FIRED NOW!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Mr. Prosperie is an excellent judge.  He had Boston in 7th at finals.  Although I wish his number had been higher, he is still an excellent judge and he called it the way he saw it. End of story.

• Like 1