Prosperie and Finals

10 hours ago, ndkbass said:

Agreed, such a good read!  Would love to hear his tape for Devs from this year.

Here you go: 

(At 11:15 -ish) He yells, "I'm enjoying the hell out of this music!" followed by him screeeeeeaminggg "WOW!"....WOW!" Can the drummers hear him? Are they paying any attention? I remember watching the Field Drum judge in 1986 practically inside BD's snare line during the feature. At one point, he turns around (facing the crowd), laughs and just shakes his head (and gave them a 9.9 out of 10). I wonder if that's an encouragement to the line.

5 hours ago, Minimaster said:

Where as this year he made a big call the raised their perc. Score 3 tenths higher than it had been and above the reigning Perc. Champs on Finals night.

But if anybody is going to make that ballsy a call, it’d be him.

irc - there were several head-to-head scores between SCV and BD during the season that were .05 apart (just as they were in Semifinals btw)... 

So, perhaps the 3 tenths lower score given for Quarters was the real outlier, and what Jeff gave BD for Finals was actually right in line with where they should have been (and he just gave them the tiniest edge when compared to SCV on that night).

Nothing  Stratospheric in my opinion. 

Having an opinion about a judge being the best is like the old saying - opinions are like       everyone has one. 

This thread is now an opportunity to challenge the drum judge's qualifications and accuracy?

Again, Prosperie is an example of "Those who can, do, and those who can't teach (or judge)."  I wonder how many of the contrary opinions here are from the latter group while JP is in the former.

EDIT:  Actually, JP is in BOTH groups, now, isn't he?  Hmm... makes challenging him a little more challenging now, doesn't it?

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey I think his Finals judgement were good to go. 

I have not challenged his qualification or accuracy. PERIOD - I have called him a clown on this message board, ,,, but that has more to do with something outside of his DCI judging and more to do with something in a color guard indoor perc circuit. 

And I feel no need to pat someone on the back. Nor do I feel the need to "fool a stranger in the alps". 

I strongly disagree with Prosperie's finals percussion judgement, and it made me lose respect for a judge I had respected. SCV percussion played more, for a greater portion of their show, and were clearly dominant at every show this year. Their front ensemble alone had some jaw-droppingly hard parts, and should have been way up for that reason alone. Finals was a stellar run from SCV too, and second in drums was an insult. It makes me question what his motivation was, since here we are, all talking about Prosperie, and not how absolutely great SCV percussion was.

The ump made a bad call on the last play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, RickCogley said:

I strongly disagree with Prosperie's finals percussion judgement, and it made me lose respect for a judge I had respected. SCV percussion played more, for a greater portion of their show, and were clearly dominant at every show this year. Their front ensemble alone had some jaw-droppingly hard parts, and should have been way up for that reason alone. Finals was a stellar run from SCV too, and second in drums was an insult. It makes me question what his motivation was, since here we are, all talking about Prosperie, and not how absolutely great SCV percussion was.

The ump made a bad call on the last play.

You are really that ticked off over 0.05 difference?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

You are really that ticked off over 0.05 difference?  

This particular year, yeah. I don't post all that much, but this situation compelled me to say something. Anyway, I got it off my chest. Time to let it go.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1