Prosperie and Finals

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

As I recall, Flo didn't have a camera "locked" on the Battery/Pit the entire performance.  How does someone watching from home know what happened in the Battery/Pit  well enough to know which line won?

I also don't believe that anyone in the stands watching live has been gifted with "eagle eyes" so precise that they can see every contact of the battery/pit or hear it better than those on the field.

I'm not a percussionist, so maybe I'm wrong.

Flo is the last option for trying to determine clean or dirty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

And that's my point.

19 hours ago, RickCogley said:

SCV percussion played more, for a greater portion of their show, and were clearly dominant at every show this year.

Alabama's football team was clearly dominant all last season.

Until Clemson. :tongue:

Stuff happens, and can/does happen on Finals night. 

I'm not a drummer... but I've heard enough from my drummer friends about the Finals judge to trust his call. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Then we, as a society, are doomed. :laughing:

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Then we, as a society, are doomed. :laughing:

well hell first you have to have the stream not freeze.

watching online Saturday and having seen both groups live the week before....IMO, SCV had the better overall package. Without heaing JP's recordings for either line that night...who knows. BD isn't exactly bad. 

21 hours ago, RickCogley said:

I strongly disagree with Prosperie's finals percussion judgement, and it made me lose respect for a judge I had respected. SCV percussion played more, for a greater portion of their show, and were clearly dominant at every show this year. Their front ensemble alone had some jaw-droppingly hard parts, and should have been way up for that reason alone. Finals was a stellar run from SCV too, and second in drums was an insult. It makes me question what his motivation was, since here we are, all talking about Prosperie, and not how absolutely great SCV percussion was.

The ump made a bad call on the last play.

While i respect your opinion, would you feel the same way about Prosperie if the situation was reverse? Saying it was BD percussion dominating SCV all season, then on finals night, SCV beats them head to head? 

In your opinion did the judges get it wrong when PR past BD on finals night 2008, when BD was 16-0 against Phantom that season going into finals night? 

How about 2014 when Cadets was 22-0 head to head against against the Bluecoats, but then Bloo past them on finals night. Did the judges get it wrong then as well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

While i respect your opinion, would you feel the same way about Prosperie if the situation was reverse? Saying it was BD percussion dominating SCV all season, then on finals night, SCV beats them head to head? 

In your opinion did the judges get it wrong when PR past BD on finals night 2008, when BD was 16-0 against Phantom that season going into finals night? 

How about 2014 when Cadets was 22-0 head to head against against the Bluecoats, but then Bloo past them on finals night. Did the judges get it wrong then as well?

yes. they waited til finals night to have Bloo ahead of them

• Haha 1

With the new rule the Judge might as well be located at home watching on flo?