Collusion During DCI Finals Week

I contend that DCI and the LOS management team collude every year to sell souvies.  Specifically long sleeve sweatshirts, workout gear, and coats.

How?  The stadium temperature is kept at iceberg levels, forcing people to buy more clothing just to stay warm during the show.

It's hilarious that it was 85 degrees outside and even while some people literally bundle up to sit in the stadium, others go stand outside the smoking doors just to warm up during INTs.  Watching fans stream out after the show means watching people strip off layers for the trek to the hotels.

DCI's continuous search for cost savings and new revenue might start with saving some energy dollars and renegotiating the stadium costs down by warming it up a little during finals week.  I'm first in line voicing my enjoyment of comfy seats, decent (once per year food), and rain protection but the stadium management/DCI Souvie Managers cabal needs to come to an end.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

(/ only a little bit of sarcasm)

• Haha 7

The Wife was trapped by this nefarious scheme. Had to buy a Crown jacket for the 440s section.

No problems in the nosebleed section -- 640s.  I guess they suppose folks up there aren't rolling in disposable $$$, therefore DCI/LOS can save a little on the cooling bill in those areas. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

1.  Pack a long sleeve T-shirt/or sweater and let them take a hit in the revenue column.

So I have to pack for two seasons to watch summer band indoors?

I have to pack more, use more gas, waste more energy, risk throwing out my back hauling suitcases...

Seems turning down the A/C is the simplest answer.

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

The Wife was trapped by this nefarious scheme. Had to buy a Crown jacket for the 440s section.

No problems in the nosebleed section -- 640s.  I guess they suppose folks up there aren't rolling in disposable $$$, therefore DCI/LOS can save a little on the cooling bill in those areas. 

OR

Trying to cool the 640s (it was rather stuffy up there) resulted in max cooling for the lower sections as the cooler air sunk to the masses below. 

Friday night, it was chilly in 241.  From time to time, you would feel a big whoosh of cold air.

Saturday night, it was just right in 141.

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

So I have to pack for two seasons to watch summer band indoors? 

One LS UA type shirt will fold up easily and if it warms up some, you're not going to overheat.  Or just tie it around your waist.  Don't forget a ball cap since a lot of heat exits the scalp.  Not too hard to figure out.

Edited by Ghost