Collusion During DCI Finals Week

11 minutes ago, Michael Boo said:

I sit at the top of Section 440 and never felt chilled.

Row three on 443 and then 444.  I think we were directly under a vent. 

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

The Wife was trapped by this nefarious scheme. Had to buy a Crown jacket for the 440s section.

No problems in the nosebleed section -- 640s.  I guess they suppose folks up there aren't rolling in disposable $$$, therefore DCI/LOS can save a little on the cooling bill in those areas. 

Lol. I have been towards the front in 639-641 for Semis the past 3 years and only had a problem this year, briefly, when hell froze over.

Sat in mid 636 for finals in 2012 and it was toasty toasty.

You might be into something.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Down in section 141, I was comfy in my shorts and T-shirt. 

Lol maybe it's because we both live in cooler climates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garfield said:

I contend that DCI and the LOS management team collude every year to sell souvies.  Specifically long sleeve sweatshirts, workout gear, and coats.

How?  The stadium temperature is kept at iceberg levels, forcing people to buy more clothing just to stay warm during the show.

It's hilarious that it was 85 degrees outside and even while some people literally bundle up to sit in the stadium, others go stand outside the smoking doors just to warm up during INTs.  Watching fans stream out after the show means watching people strip off layers for the trek to the hotels.

DCI's continuous search for cost savings and new revenue might start with saving some energy dollars and renegotiating the stadium costs down by warming it up a little during finals week.  I'm first in line voicing my enjoyment of comfy seats, decent (once per year food), and rain protection but the stadium management/DCI Souvie Managers cabal needs to come to an end.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

(/ only a little bit of sarcasm)

open the roof at Int

Haha... my wife sprung for Jersey Surf zip hoodie. Just considered it a donation since it was pretty poor quality.  

Remember how c-c-cold it was in Madison for 1992 championships? We had to go into town and buy cheap sweatshirts. Global cooling...global warming...climate change... Don't let them fool you. It was Big Oshkosh B'gosh getting a cut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tad_MMA said:

Remember how c-c-cold it was in Madison for 1992 championships? We had to go into town and buy cheap sweatshirts. Global cooling...global warming...climate change... Don't let them fool you. It was Big Oshkosh B'gosh getting a cut.

Wisconsin.  Never go there without a jacket. 

• Haha 1